cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass MSA Document Owner Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

A buyer had recently off-boarded from our company, but unfortunately failed to transfer all documents he owned to the appropriate replacement. Now we (the administrators) have the job of transferring over 200 documents to a different owner. Can a mass change be done using the import tool?

Thanks,

Corey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corey,

There is object level security profile role which allows for the ability to change the contract owner. This profile is only set to the document owner which means only the document owner has the ability to change the owner to a different user.

I have had a similar situation on one of the projects I have been on and the way we solved is cloning the create a custom object level Security profile and assign "Change document Owner" role. This role needs to be assigned to the user. After which the same user should be able to mass import using the contract document importer functionality to update the master agreements to a new owner.

I am assuming that you have the knowledge of the functionality of contract document importer functionality which is available as a standard solution from Wave 7 on.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

I tried solution provided by you, but was unable to see "Object Level" security profiles in User Account-Security Tab.

Can you guide how can we assign "Change Document Owner" role to a user?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

I am unable to assign Document Owner object level security profile to user. Please guide how to do that.

Thanks,

Saloni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harsh_satsangi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, Similar stuff is discussed in this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/message/9359103#9359103

Hope this helps.

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful information from both of you. Thanks for the replies!

Best Wishes,

Corey