cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Transactional Data from Specific GL Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a situation, wrongly my end user has posted actual data, and now i want to delete that transactional data from specific GL account.

I know the Tcodes :

OBR1- Reset transaction data

CXDL - Delete transaction data from ledger

But i want to delete only an account data, not all GL account data of the company code.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khawaja,

have a look at transaction GCDE: simply choose your ledger, your record type, and launch!

I suggest you to run it in background (choose Program in menu bar and create a job).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniele

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This transaction deletes data from Special Ledger, but not from G/L. One cannot delete transaction data from G/L, period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Catalano and Eli

Thank you very much of your responses.

But i have tried GCDE, but i cannot delete my GL account transactions

Rregards

0 Kudos

Like Eli mentioned, GCDE has different purpose. I will reiterate that deletion of transaction data is not possible in the live system with production data without archiving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khawaja,

Yes, the explanation given by Eli, Hrusikesh and Jignashu is valid. In addition, it ensures consistency of FI data. If you nevertheless want to perform the deletion, you could use transaction OBR1 as you have mentioned. SAP creates this transaction/program for the purpose of preparing the system for productive start-up and not to delete data out of a productive system.

You may go through the documentation on IMG transaction OBR1 and also program SAPF020.

Please note that OBR1 is not recommended to be used in a production environment. If it is not test data, I recommended you to archive it.

Regards, Gordon

0 Kudos

Any postings made should be reversed using FB08 and F.80. System does not allow deletion of specific transaction data for audit reason. Reversal will correct the balance into generate ledger. You can create a specific reason code for reversal posting and enable it for "Negative posting". Please ensure that company code allows the negative postings. This will reduce the transaction figures.

former_member182339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best practice is to reverse the transaction . Yes as Eli replied for Good reason that means SAP do not recommend to delete the posted Data.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could not be done by any standard tool and for good reason. Even if you do it in an unconventional way, you cannot simply delete the transactions from one account, as the document stored there have their counterpart in some other accounts.

Regards,

Eli