cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Addon Team View - use it for assistants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are customizing new MSS Addon 1.0 on EHP5 and our idea is to provide Team View service for assistants so they can request on behalf of assigned employees. Do you know if it is possible to assign a custom organization structure view to get assigned employees using a different OM relationship?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I am trying to accomplise the same thing.

What eval path are you using for the object selection? and what is the relationship needed for the assitance role?

Thank you!

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Actually I've done some debugging on the application and I found out that it is using two rules for object selection:

MSS_BIZ_RULE1 - for root object

MSS_BIZ_RULE2 - to get other objects

To use it for assistants I created a custom evaluation path based in a custom OM relationship (SEC) and assign it to rule MSS_BIZ_RULE2. You can also assign a FM if you find it more easy to implement.

Here it is configuration for MSS_BIZ_RULE2 rule:

I didn't find yet where to create an enhancement to create an application parameter that would allow me to use both for managers and assistants based on the parameter that I would pass to the WD application. If you find so, please let me know.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi André,

I've the same requirement of giving our assistants a custom team calendar view ( which is different from the manager views ). Did you achieve to perform this action ? Do you use portal or nwbc ?

Thank you,

erwan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André Sousa,

This is very much possible.

You can create a copy manager role in launch pad customizing (transaction lpd_cust) and take out the entries that are not needed.

Please go through WDA MSS SAP Online help documentation

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_01/helpdata/en/c5/963832c8ce4bc4a4ae664020627afa/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes you can do so, or use Substitution which is designed keeping mind these situations!

You can build any OADP strcutire and assign it to the assistant according to his responsiblity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth, Sahir,

Thanks for helping.

I wasn't checking on the customizing where can I assign an Object Selection (ZSEC_SIE_EE_DIR) defined on Object and Data Provider->Object Provider->Define Object Selections.

Now I was checking on Configure Organizational Chart Visualization where to assign this new object selection but I cannot find it. What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

You talk about the team view like there is a standard substitution functionality on EHP5. I haven't seen that on EHP5. Isn't the MSS Home/Team View/etc. substitution functionality only available from HR Renewal?

Best regards,

Martin

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Substitution functionality is available from EhP5 MSS Add-On 1.0 onwards? Right?

Regards,

Sahir.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes its part of Hr renewal http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2012/10/18/what-do-you-do-when-you-have-too-much-to-do-see...

Note 1691232 : This is the master Note which provides the information
regarding the installation and pre requisites.

EA HR Sp06 is needed minim ie ehp6, now then, You can always copy MSS role and change the evaluation path to reflect what employees are to shown to this role using tinkering of OADP paths

Configure Organizational Chart Visualization customization can be done here as follows, tis is standard place

1) IMG: Personnel Management > Manager Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP) >

Organizational Chart Visualization > Configure Organizational Chart

Visualization > ImportData from Object and Data Provider Configuration

2) Enter Hierachy Name = MSSBIZVIEW -> Create/Change

3) In the Organization View for OADP' section, search for

MSS_TMV_EE_DIR or any other entry -> Click the 'move' button

the Object selection has three object selection rule being assigned
which are as following.

Rule for Root Object
Rule for Navigation Objects
Rule for Target Objects

If any of the rule is missing than the error would occur. For an