cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive /neg field in VTAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts plz let me know one doubt plz

i know how to create so many quotations from single inquiry number  ,, simple in copy control vtaa --- positive /negative field we will keep blank

so if we do like this we can achieve .

but in OR TO DEL also vtlf at item level postive /neg field is there .. i am asking this purpose is also same like vtaa ?

if so what is the use of creating so many delivery's from single sales order no bz schedule line dates are different

thanks a lot 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There may be Partial deliveries and also items may not be Confirmed completly.

morever the +/- Field along with complete reference in the header level controls the Multiple creation of quotations from the inquiry and also Qty increase in the Quotation which system notifys with Warning message.

shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear siva vasi reddy

First of all very thank ful to u for ur replay i want some more information from u that one is

i created one sales order 100  qnty ( 200000 no) schedule lines confirmed on 25/07/2013

so if i keep blank in positive /nag field in VTLF

how it is possible to create multiple deliveries from single sales order no (200000) bz already schedules lines confirmed so how we can create multiple deliveries plz explain me in detail

thanks a lot

i am very thankful to u  

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think,you can not create Multiple Deliveries based on Sales Order by that setting but you can create Proforma Invoice many times in VF01 .In real time ,we cant maintain that setting ( +/- Field as Blank ) in any where except for proforma invoice .

This query can solve yourself easily by practicing different ways .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This field will have either POSITIVE, NEGATIVE or NO EFFECT on the source document

for example

if the order is created for 10 quantity and delivery is created for only 3 quantity then the sales order will have positive effect on the source document in which the sales order can only delivery 7 more quantity further

If you set this field as 0, then you can delivery as many documents as you can in which system will not restrict you to create deliveries even with 10 quantities, a good example to consider is proforma, you can create as many proforma invoices as you can from delivery document

regards,

santosh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear santosh gee  and T.W GEE one doubt on this

If you set this field as 0, then you can delivery as many documents as you can in which system will not restrict you to create deliveries even with 10 quantities,

But my doubt how system runs schedul lines

bz already we are creating deliveries from created sales order document no ?

how system back ground schedule lines

in which business process we  use this system ?

plz comment on this 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

When creating Proforma invoices, the value of this field is blank.

Proforma invoices are not "real" invoices.

During creation of proforma invoices, the system does not check the preceding document.

If you are changing the value of this field to blank, in VTLA, then it is incorrect.

As the would not check the preceding sales order, during creation of delivery notes.

Test, see what is the value of field "Delivered quantity" in Tab Schedule lines, in the sales order; when field Pos/ neg quantity = blank, in VTLA.

I think this field "Delivered quantity" would be blank.

If needed, I shall test this too.

But first please try testing this yourself.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

For this field please read the F1 help, clear examples are given for different scenarios.

Further, for OR > LF, the value of this field should be set as +. (not - or blank)

E.g.

Order created for 100EA

Delivery created for 85EA

The "open" quantity in the order (for the creation of deliveries) is 15EA (not more than that).

This calculation is done by the system with the help of this field "Pos/neg quantity".

Note: In VTAA, IN > QT, item category AFN > AGN, field "Pos/neg quantity" = +

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create multiple deliveries from a single sales order.

For example you could have multiple plants delivering a single order and that leads to multiple shipping points and multiple deliveries.

Hope that explains the need.