cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Reduction in the credit points.

himanshu_gupta13
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a typical issue.

Till Saturday 29.06.2013 my credit points was 108. But suddenly this morning when I logged into the SCN I Found my credit point to be 98.

Surprising!!!.. I am an active contributor in this forum and feels bad when the rewards points get automatically deducted this way..

Personal attention required.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

ABAP Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

It might have happened that some one would have marked your answer as correct/helpful but later on they unmarked the same so the points which you got earlier were decreased later.

Suggestion - Check in your Profile -> Reputation -> History Link .

BR.

himanshu_gupta13
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your response, and as per your suggestion I checked in History but I didn't find any

unmarked answer.

It was earlier same happened with other users also, I went through some discussions earlier. I thinks, its bug.

Many thanks / Himanshu Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Then Moderators would be able to help you.

BR.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Same is the case for me today, have reduced some 10 of them I don't know?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. It doesn't happens automatically..

In MM space, two discussions was removed by moderator, and that was a basic question or not relevant space.

You can see in your profile..

And in expertise tab

Regards

Dev

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the risk that you take when you answer questions that could be rejected for being FAQ or very basic - you waste your time and points are removed. Far better to notify the moderator.

former_member209120
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

I too facing this problem, some times what every some body marked as correct answer at that time i am getting 10 marks, after few days moderator marking that thread as locked or some other reasons, at that time i am losing my points.

Why moderators accepting this type of threads initially, after spending much time on that by all experts, moderator cancelling that thread.

This type of procedure should change.

Any way points is not our motive, giving solutions and learning new things is our motive.

Don't feel bad on losing your points, be sportive, your participation is worth.

You lost you points in this thread I think....

Regards,

Ramesh.T

himanshu_gupta13
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You are right I checked this, I didn't find any document which I had posted earlier and I am also unable to remember which document I posted.

And, also I agree with this, Any way points is not our motive, giving solutions and learning new things is our motive.

But this reduction of points demotivates...

Any way, I will continue to contribute...

cheers....

Many Thanks / Himanshu Gupta

former_member209120
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Himanshu Gupta,

Keep it up... I appropriate your spirit....

Pl. close this thread...

Regards,

Ramesh.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu Gupta,

You lost points because this one of your previous document was rejected. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36325

The automatic deduction of points due to recalculation no longer exists with the new gamification platform, but the current issue is that negative point entries are not displayed in the point history. This is a known issue addressed in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40887, and we are working to have it fixed. Sorry for the confusion!

Regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for weighing in and answer this question! Just one small correction. Locking a thread shouldn't result in point loss. In the case of threads, it will almost always be unmarking a correct/helpful answer that is causing point deduction.

Best regards,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a thread is locked, most likely it would be moved to point-less discussion area.

Wouldn't that result in deduction?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are no "point-less" SCN spaces so moving a thread or content will not result in a points deduction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a certain difference between Open Questions and Discussion Threads.

There are a number of posts that first appeared in Open Questions section, and then moved by moderators to Discussions Thread with comment "moved to points-free" section/forum.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This was the cases until the launch of the gamification platform.  It is no longer the case.