cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find a specific variant in se38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I can't find the variant in this picture in se38. How can I view it?

variant name is : ZRPR021_V03

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c0/980389e58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm

From the above procedure, you may get an idea to view a variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,    

I've done all of this except check the 000 client. Is it possible that the variant is created when the program begin running?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

When prorgam was running, you can't create create varaint. While before executing, give the input paramters and click on save with requiredvaraint name.click on get variant, you will see saved one, select and execute your prorgam.

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot create a variant while it is running already. You need to create prior to start execution.

In SE38-->Enter the program-->Click on variants button and you can see the available variants right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know that. But there only  are some of the variants in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thank you for your reply on this problem.

Now I want to trace the using of the variant. How can I do it? I haven't any information about the variant.

For example, If I wanto trace the program parameters according to their name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check if there is an entry in the VARI table with the variant name

Prathish

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the available variants should be in Variants tab in SE38. If your's is not available, then it is not saved properly in the variants table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check whether the variant saved by which user, or run for all users (*),

if not there ,it was not saved.

Regards,

Kumar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Li,

why don't you just create an empty variant (no parameters in program selection screen) and test if some error may happen?

Regards

Salah

KamalMehta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

Although you should be able to see it from Se38. If the same is there in your system then it shoul dhave an entry in the Table VARID .

Also you can create the variant directly in production as well using SE38.

Thanks

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kamal,

I've checked VARID table and failed to find it.

Now I want to know whether the variant is useful in the program. But I don't know  how to find the variant in the program. Do they have name and program can call them by the name?

KamalMehta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Li ,

You need to create it before executing the program .

Goto SE38 and click on the radio button for variant and then press execute (F8). It will take you to an screen where you can define various inputs as required for the variant and save it .

Then you can execute the program with this variant .

Also you can schedule the program to run with this variant as well if you are doing from Process Chain using step ABAP Program in BW.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Kamal

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

At SE38, if you saved varaints then you can at your environment if transport successfully

Variant stored table - VARID.

Normally varaints never transported thru program in default, so we need to transport Variants individually.

Check above table for your variant was there or not. if not then transport it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Firstly, I checked program in the display message on right click the process chain step, and the chain is in the prd environment. I also check the program variants in the prd env. So it shouldn't has a system conistency problem.

Then I checked VARID in se11, ZRPR021_V03 isn't in it.

I'm not familiar with abap. So here is a simple question I want to solve……"How to know where does the program use the variant?"

I think that may be the variant doesn't have any duty in the program.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

Inside program you won't see varaint related which we give while executing. Varaints are just like input paramaters.

rather than entering required values before excuting the programs we use varaints.

if we have one prorgam which we need to give around 10 to 20 input parameters, if we save as variant, rather than entering 10 to 20 input values, just by one click get varint we will get all. its just like shot cut to enter input parameters.

Hope you got it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

As you meant, I can konw the value given by the variant  according to the paramete value.

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean that in SE38, for program ZBWR001, using the option Variants, you can not fin in the following screen (after using the display button) the variant ?

May be it was not transported to your environment ? Can you check in Dev, as I guess, you are looking for the data in prod ?

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

I've check the dev, qas and prd system. I can't find it anywhere.

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your PC running correctly ?

If yes, then, it has to be there or in the table VARID as mentionned by the other guys...

PY