Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication - Datatypes NVARCHAR converted in HANA

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have lots of questions how to achieve the Datatypes to be converted when we replicate tables from SLT system to HANA.

I got to know from one of the thread we can achieved it as a global setting.

The default type mapping can be redefined for each configuration. The individual type mapping can be defined in table IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP and will affect all tables of the corresponding configuration. For those data types where no individual type mapping is defined, the default mapping will be used.

My question are as below

• What are the Pre requites steps to be followed for this replication
  • Is this applicable for already replicated tables as well
  • If it affected to all tables, How are we going to ensure for already replicated tables which holds the data. Will it converts the DATATYPE's which is already having the data ?
  • Should we do this at the time of initial replication ?

Your Inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

HA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

• What are the Pre requites steps to be followed for this replication

==> You need to create a configuration, because you have to derive the MT ID from it (shown in LTR)

• Is this applicable for already replicated tables as well

==> no, only for new tables

• If it affected to all tables, How are we going to ensure for already replicated tables which holds the data. Will it converts the DATATYPE's which is already having the data ?

==> yes, for all tales that are replicated after you defined this setting

• Should we do this at the time of initial replication ?

==> yes, before you start working with a table

Pls post next time in the SLT community: http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server

So it is much easier for me to moderate and answer.

Best,

Tobias

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thank you very much.

In my scenario we have huge amount of PRPS & KNA1 Data which is already in Replication. So this is going to take more than 15 days to replicate for us.. Do we have any other alternative or should we go for fresh replication

In Addition, Currently we would need only DATE fields conversion since the filter wil not work in view as the date will be stored as NVARCHAR. Did you faced any other issues with other data types..

Please do share us which you would suggest to change the data types ?.

Thanks,

HA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HA,

Have you resolved the issue around the fact that HANA stores Oracle DATE fields as NVARCHAR?

Thanks for your reply!

With kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Intenzz

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Van,

I was able to fix the NVARCHAR Data types stored in HANA as DATE Data type. But seems like it is not that a great solution.

But there are still some open issues that SAP is coming up with the latest release The DMIS 2011 SP05 package

Let me know how can I help you and what is the information that you're looking for?

Thanks,

HA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HA,

Can you explain me what your workaround looks like? We want to replicate DATE fields from Oracle into DATE fields in SAP HANA. Obviously SLT srews this up by changing the DATE fields in Oracle to NVARCHAR. We are currently trying to write an include statement that concatenates part of the original NVARCHAR field into an additional column of data type DATE. So far we run into an error when replicating.

Can you share your solution? I included my email address below.

With kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Intenzz

martijn.van.foeken@intenzz.nl

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Van,

Please go through with the below Thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3399842

Thanks,

HA

aluri_hemanth