cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation for creation of Delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Process flow:- After production ,FG material stores production floor say PF01-Storage loction, after that done quality insectption, after that we have transfer the material from production floor via movement type 311 to warehouse storage location.  but sometimes user send material from production floor to customer directly and system permit do the same. my requirement is that how can we restriceted sales from production floor like pf01-storage location.while creating delivery we have entered storage location manually.

Please guide me how can i slove this problem.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Rightly said by Mr. Lakshami. This is operational issue and users should be careful while entering store.

You can also use storage location determination or at least make it mandatory in sale order and copy from sale order to delivery. Are you using availbility check? How that works for you.

There are always separate SAP users for production shop floors and warehouse. There must be separate SAP roles as well and this can be done with authorization control with objects M_MSEG_LGO and M_MSEG_BMB.

Could you please confirm if the user is same or different for confirming stock in warehouse and for creating delivery and PGI?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam,

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

we have not used availbility check and there are separate users for production shop floors and warehouse.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then this is very easy. Just give those objects to your BASIS guy and ask him to restrict warehouse user to do any movement from shop floor storag location. And restrict shop floor user to do any movement from warehouse storag location.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but sometimes user send material from production floor to customer directly and system permit do the same.

This is purely users ignorance.  Educate them how to avoid this.  You should not bring controls in SAP for such manual errors.  Also, I dont understand as to why storage location is being entered manually in delivery which should be automated.

G. Lakshmipathi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asking the right question = 90% of an answer. The question here is not 'validation for creation of delivery' but how to restrict picking from a specific location. Typing 'restrict picking storage location site:sap.com' into Google quickly finds this old post and dozens of others.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can restrict the authorization of production floor people for either creation(VL01N) or change(VL02N) delivery doc for GI. Or if you are not using delivery doc for that, then simply restrict the movement type used for issue of goods to customer.

Thanks, JP

balaji_parsewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

2 ways to achiece said task :

1) Storage location determination through MALA rule & user discipline means user should not touch the same.

2) Take help of ABAP consultant & use enhancement/exit with coding stop PGI if storage location=PF01.

I hope you can take a call.

Regards,

Balaji

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

But sometimes user send material from production floor to customer directly and system permit do the same

Please let me know ,how/where is the chance to send material from production to customer directly ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Please advice.....

Regards,

Manoranjan