cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for VS2005 causes an error for Windows 8 64 bit OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have my application developed in VS2005 . When i am trying to print i am getting the following error:

+"Please install the appropriate Crytsal Reports redistributable (CCRedist.msi) contaning the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go tohttp://www.businessobjects.com./support for more information."+*

I am using Windows 8 64-bit OS.

Can u please guide me through the steps i need to follow to resolve this error.

Below is the screen shot of the error for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR for VS 2005 (v. 10.2) is not supported on WIN 8. See the following:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/b4JiAw

Just in case you want to try the runtime deployment anyhow, the links to the runtime are in this Document.

Please note that if this does not work after installing the correct runtime, you will have to upgrade to a version of CR that officially supports WIN 8 (see the above referenced wiki).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I installed the correct runtime and it worked.

Thanks a lot for your reply , it was very much helpful.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to know that CR 10.2 will work on WIN 2008. Just the same, for anyone looking at this, do proceed with caution. If at all possible, it is always advisable to use a version of CR that supports the OS.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Can you please tell which version of the runtime did you install to make this work. I am facing the same problem.I installed the runtime CRRedist2005_x86.If possible please send me a link.

Thanks.