Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift career to SAP Hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have been working in BI/DW technoloy for the last 9 years mainly on the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS). I also have a fair amount of experience in Business Objects 6.5 and XI. I would like to shift my skillset to SAP especially into SAP HANA platform. I would like to know that by self paced training is it possible to take up SAP HANA certification and which certification would suit me based on my previous experience.

Thanks and regards

Sai

23 REPLIES 23

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

When I passed my certification, it helped that I had the software and was able to use it. I am not sure how you approach studying. I heard quite a few people who just read manuals and documents and passed the certification, without even used SAP HANA once.

Based on your profile I would say take the "Modeller" certification not the Administration cert. (more for a SAP basis person).

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos

In Addition to Sproten, you can refer given URL on list of Authorized SAP training center, you can contact to any nearer center to get complete detail on SAP HANA training / certification

List of Authorized Training Center

You can refer on how to prepare for SAP certification with practice exams

SAPEXAM.COM Review, Best Site to Prepare for SAP Certification - My Success Story | Seema Iyer | Lin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sai,

so far HANA is divided into four modules till date.

1) Implementation and moedlling.

2)Programming.

3)BW on HANA.

4)Administration.

based on ur previous experince you can opt for implementation and modelling.  u can learn it by self paced training but u will not up to the standards.

when it comes certification especially in india u need minimum of 2 years relevant experince to take the test or You should do courses HA100 and HA300 to take certification for more details you can check the below link.

https://training.sap.com/in/en/curriculum/hana_imp-sap-hana-implementation-modelling-g-en

to learn by urself check the below link it will be helpful.

http://www.saphana.com/community/implement/hana-academy

Regards,

Manoj.

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am working as Sales Manager with SAP Business One. Now looking for a change to work as consultant.

Can you suggest me any SAP HANA certification program. Its a buzz in the market and can i actually upgrade my skill set, which can help me change my career path.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I have no experience in SAP and would like to shift my career from pharma lab to SAP consultant.

Would you please suggest that which HANA module is suitable for me.

Thanks

Bhavin

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As you mentioned you have BO and BI experience so its better that you go for HANA Application Certification.

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_hanaimp_1-sap-certified-application-associate-sap-hana-1...

When i passed my certification i had more than 2 months hands on experience.

As you said you want do training at your own pace, I would say if you read all the documents available on HANA carefully and also get some hands on experience you can surely pass the certification.

You can easily get free 30 day trial to HANA :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31600

or alternatively you can get a developer edition here :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31722

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Thank you for the post

Regards,

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Yes, with all the resources already provided by others and your focused dedication you can pass the HANA developer certification using self study and practice approach.

One are that I would recommend that you focus is on data replication scenarios for SAP ECC and SAP BW data. You will have few questions on that. You should be fine if you review the scenarios in the SAP documentation for SLT and data services ( BODS).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Rama Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am a Certified SAP Netweaver/Basis Consultant.

I presume HANA Administration would suits me to cope up with upcoming market trends.

Kindly advise me more on career aspirations and market demands on this area.

Regards

Omkar

0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Yes, HANA Technical Module will suit you better

You can learn more about Technical Certificate from this blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/certification/blog/2012/10/29/preparing-for-hana...

If you will be going for HANA Administrator, then this blog is a must read for you:

The SAP Hana Reference for NetWeaver Basis Administrators:    

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/05/27/andy-silvey--sap-hana-command-line-tools...

HANA is a growing field and it would be in more demand in the coming years.

You already being an Certified Basis Consultant - on learning HANA will have additional HANA skills added to your profile

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek..

I am a Lotus notes developer with 3+ yrs of exp and I am planning to move towards HANA.

I need some suggestions from any of you , as all of you are into SAP already.

1. HTML,SQL,VB Script,Lotus Script are my current technical skills.

With these skills , what do i need to go for? HANA Admin or developer.

Though HANA is new, I need to decide based upon my current skill set.

2. Incase If I complete any certification in devlpmnt/administration (based on your suggestion) then what are the chances for me to get a job as I do not have any prior exp. in HANA or SAP.

Pls guide me how to proceed. I am bit confused right now.

Thanks,

Sateesh

0 Kudos

Dear ,

please follow   The SCN Rules of Engagement | SCN  we need to answer

Shift career to SAP Hana

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am Ravi and I am working as a database administrator on db2 z/os and db2 unix from 9 yrs. I have a little touch with SAP Netweaver as db2 dba.   I am interested in shifting my career to SAP HANA. Based on my experience please suggest which module in HANA would suit me. Would HANA admin suit me better. Can I directly go to HANA admin just based on the database experience I have ?? Is BASIS a pre-requisite in learning HANA. I am little confused in this. Please advice.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

I am having 10+ yrs of exp in Mainframe technology and I am planning to move towards SAP HANA.I need some suggestions from any of you , as all of you are into SAP already. Is it will be good decision to move to HANA and how to proceed with it.

Thanks,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAI pls read

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am a SQL Server DBA can i do HANA Administration??

0 Kudos

Yes you can Do.It's like a SQL only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys please help in deciding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HANA Aspirants,

I am getting the facts straight.

Option 1

Those who are looking to shift carrier onto HANA administration.

You switch your carrier to HANA administration by learning HANA DB Administration but you cat beat the guy from sap basis background who learnt SAP Hana Administration. In any possible way he has the advantage in getting a job. 

Current Situation : Lot of basis Administration guys are focusing HANA administration but you will have your advantage when you learn SAP Architecture and day to day  sap admin activities along with  HANA administration.

Option 2

Those who are looking to shift carrier on to Hana development.

Hana developers are less in market when compared to current requirement.

those who don't have knowledge of ABAP can also learn hana development the area is wide. Pls go through DEV talks, code talks available in youtube.  To get more insights you can refer the courses available in open.sap.com

when it comes ABAP on HANA the guys with previous ABAP experience will completely dominate it with minimal learning when compared to others.

Please do basic research on the carrier options available on HANA

Best Regards,

Manoj 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which are the good institutes to learn sap HANA module ? Can anyone suggest me some really gud insitutes in recent times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m having around 3 yr of exp as Oracle PL/SQL  developer. Now i want to shift in SAP HANA .

Please anyone suggest me which would be better in SAP HANA.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I've been working as ETL (DW) developer from 6 years and used traditional data bases used Tera data, Oracle and etc..

Now I'm planning to build my career with SAP HANA.

Couple of times i have thought my self to change my career to move SAP, finally i have decided to start career with SAP HANA which is more relevant to my past experience.

Please someone suggest me which module in HANA is good to me?

Regards,

--Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.