cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Leave Request - Customer Field (assign search help / dropdown list)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am including a new customer field available for a specific absence type. I have already configured at "Define Field Selection" creating a Z customer field selection and adding customer field CUSTOMER01 and it is now displayed on the leave request screen.

However I need to assign a search help (or preferably a dropdown list) to this field to make it clear for employees. How can I make this field a dropdown and how do I assign values for this dropdown ( or search help )?

Do you have any hints on this topic?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

changing the UI-Element type itself is fairly easy. You can do it by creating an enhancement of the Comp Conf "HRESS_CC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_1" of WDYN Comp FPM_OVP_COMPONENT of App Conf HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_1 of WDYN App HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL. Then go into onfiguration mode of UIBB HRESS_CC_GUIBBF_LEAVREQ, here you create your enhancement. Then, in enhancement mode, you can change the type of the UI-Element:

Result (I made one of our custom fields a checkbox):

Concerning the value-help assignment however, I don't know how to do this. I assume it's possible somehow by playing around in the feeder class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF; but I haven't tried manipulating the field catalogue of the GUIBBs here myself yet.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the hint. It works perfectly.

To assign the values for the dropdown list I did an enhancement  on method MODIFY_DEF_DEFAULT_LABEL (at the end of this method) of class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF.

Example code:

data: lt_fixed_values type WDR_CONTEXT_ATTR_VALUE_LIST,

ls_fixed_values type WDR_CONTEXT_ATTR_VALUE.

READ TABLE ct_field_description ASSIGNING <field_descr>

WITH KEY name = 'CUSTOMER02'.

IF sy-subrc IS INITIAL.

ls_fixed_values-value = 'testvalue'.

ls_fixed_values-text = 'testtext'.

insert ls_fixed_values into table lt_fixed_values.

<field_descr>-fixed_values = lt_fixed_values.

ENDIF.

Thanks again!

Best,

AS

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

glad it worked out! Thanks for the feedback how you changed the value help, I have to keep that in mind!

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lukas ,

As I cannot send u a direct message , if possible plz follow me ..and i have a question , as I am not able to see the employee information from MSS screen all of a sudden it is blocked can I Know how to retrive this.....

Regards,

Jwala,

ESS MSS

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

sorry but I don't follow people for the mere use of direct messaging. Furthermore I generally ignore messages directly directed at me concerning technical problems, because IMHO that is not the point of having a forum with vast amounts of people who can collaborate in solving a problem (also I like to choose myself where I participate in and where not).

Concerning your problem, there's nothing blocked; as the error message says, the WDYN apparently tries to dynamically create an UI-Element with an ID that already exists. This either results from Modification/Enhancements you did or it's a problem in the standard.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lukas ,

Its ok no probs.... i solved my error ...my basis pple restarted server now its wrking fine .....thanks for ur reply one again .......

Regards,

Jwala,

ESS MSS.

hitesh_arora_erp
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

we have similar requirement,I want to make note text box as a mandatory field.Can you help me with that??

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For that field you can set the Mandatory property in Attributes. Then it will be required field in application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

This we can do with the help of the BADI - PT_ABS_REQ where you can throw an error while the user submits a request through Create Leave request application.

Or the other way around would be writing a post exit in feeder class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF.

Regards,

Mithun K

hitesh_arora_erp
Participant
0 Kudos

yes Shankar,

I am aware that it would be required field.But is application is based on FPM,I could nt find the component where I can make changes in view.

Regards,

Hitesh

Answers (0)