Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuPM - Tasks to be developed on Back End System (SAP BW)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have started a new project for SuPM which uses as a Back End System the already implemented BW System of my client. I will be in charge of the BW stuff: BI Content Activation, IMG Configuration (Tx SPRO), Creation of Organization Unit Hierarchy, Roles.... I have never worked on this before, so I need some kind help from the forum experts.

The Basis team is installing the SuPM Add-on over the BW system and have almost finished.

There is not too much information in the forum about the tasks to be developed on BW side. From what I have read, the implementation tasks would be as follow and in the following order, I guess.

1. BI Content Activation. Tx SE 38; Program RSO_BC_INSTALL_ALL. Afterwards, a full review of all the objects will be made in order to see if everything is activated correctly.

- Question: Will this program activate all the BW-SuPM flow? I mean, DataSources, ODSs, InfoCubes, MultiProvider, Queries, Workbooks, Process Chains... or manual activation/intervention is required?

2. Configure IMG. Tx SPRO. SPRO > SAP Reference IMG, under SuPM block:

- Adjustment, if needed, of Standard Units of Measure

- Definition & adjustment of Hierarchies (Org.Unit. Tx RSH1)

- Definition of OrgUnit attributes mappings

- Maintain Settings for Email Notifications

- Maintain Additional Settings (Currency, Exchange Rates, Fiscal Year Variant....)

- Maintain Values for Manual Data Collection Methods

- Maintain Connectors (Tx SM59)

- Maintain Script Variables

- Maintain BW Queries

- Maintain Web Services

- Maintain Industry

- Maintain KPI Category, Sub-Categories and Associated Indicators

- Questions:

1. Is this right?
  2. Could it be connected any query already developed in the system, for example HR queries, in the Front End tool (SuPM)? Or contrary, just queries developed over SuPM InfoProviders can be used by the Front End tool?

3. Administrate Users & assign the predefined SuPM Roles according to business needs.

- Question:

Users should have just assigned these related SuPM Roles or they have to have assigned specific BW Roles as well?

Any answer would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

1. You should activate BI Content Manually after running the Program, however, it will activate most of the objects when you run the program. There will be option to either install all the objects or only specific objects. We had selected "Specific objects only" and we had to selectively activate depending on the requirement.

2. SuPM provides its own InfoProviders and it would be difficult to define your own. In SuPM v1.0, there was an option to add your own Infoprovider which was removed later in v2.0. and in case of SPRO settings, there are some configuration steps that you need to perform (like Automated Script Management) in the Portal also.

3. SuPM has a concept of Role Administration and the you define Roles (like CRL, RRL, Approver, Business Contributor, Analyst)  to the Users across the Organization Hierarchy. No need of BW roles in case of SuPM Users.

Regards,

Raghu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

1. You should activate BI Content Manually after running the Program, however, it will activate most of the objects when you run the program. There will be option to either install all the objects or only specific objects. We had selected "Specific objects only" and we had to selectively activate depending on the requirement.

2. SuPM provides its own InfoProviders and it would be difficult to define your own. In SuPM v1.0, there was an option to add your own Infoprovider which was removed later in v2.0. and in case of SPRO settings, there are some configuration steps that you need to perform (like Automated Script Management) in the Portal also.

3. SuPM has a concept of Role Administration and the you define Roles (like CRL, RRL, Approver, Business Contributor, Analyst)  to the Users across the Organization Hierarchy. No need of BW roles in case of SuPM Users.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Dear Raghunandan,

Thanks very much for this useful information.

I would like to ask something more about the tasks to be developed on BW for customizing SuPM Front End.

My Client needs to connect SuPM with SAP HR. So using Tx SM59 on BW a RFC connection has to be done for creating the connector with SAP HR.

My question is the following, must the scripts in BW be done over queries developed on SAP HR or is there any other way?

Any answer would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

As you may be knowing, SuPM supports 3 ways of integrations to collect Data:

1. SAP ECC Query for ECC system

2. SAP BW Query for BW system

3. Webservices for Non SAP system.

For all the above 3 options, RFC connection is a must.

In your case, if you need to fetch the data from SAP HR, you can either create SAP ECC Query and fetch the value or you can first get the data in SAP BW and then create a BW Query and get the value.

You may have to create Automaed Script in SuPM and then specify your RFC destination.

You should also include the Script in the KPI definition for the Value to fetch.

Regards,

Raghu