cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sessions remaining active in CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using  WebIntelligent and Explorer in BI 4.0. We have a combination of named and concurred users licenses and we use AD single sign on to log into both clients. Some users also have Enterprise alias to log in, as for example the administrators of the system.

Another thing to notice is that when we are working with Web Intelligent it tells us that the session has time out as I would normally expect.  However, although we have a timeout set up for when working with Web Intelligent,  I have noticed that the sessions remain in the system after the user stop using it. It happens with both Enterprise and AD log in.

1) With Enterprise: I have included an attachment. This is my user and I am an administrator of the system, I appear with 5 sessions although I am only log in once. In this case, the log in is using Enterprise authentication.

2) If I log in with SSO AD and close the windows without log out, and then log in again, the first session remains in the system for a long time.

I have seen the option "Windows SSPI Configuration"

Could you please let me know which parameters do we have to change?

Thanks in advance,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Please have a look at KBAs

1862925 - Session handling and tuning

1863600 - How does session management work with SAP BI Platform 4.0 web application clients?

The blow KBA contains a tool to kill unwanted sessions.

1834664 - How to kill session using Java SDK in BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohel

I could not find the KBA document. Could you please send me the link?

Thanks

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded this app, it works.

SAP Knowledge Base Article

1803138 - How to Kill Sessions in BI 4.0 without restart

Symptom

Kill user sessions in a BI 4.0 environment without restart of Server Intelligence Agent.

Environment

l BI 4.0

l Tomcat Application Server.

l Windows/Unix Operating System.

Reproducing the Issue

1. Logon to CMC and click on sessions.

2. You will be able to see all the active sessions; however there is no option to end/kill a session.

Resolution

To delete the User sessions, we will use a jsp which you can find at the following link:

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=1GALOWL4CFT4HRRHMFJNKEB66QZPK932U5VID25KPQ3K9J...

To Implement the same, do the following steps:

1. Using WinRar, unrar the KillSession folder from the archive.

2. Go to the following location <install dir>:Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps

3. Paste the extracted folder in the above directory.

4. Restart the Tomcat Server.

5. Go to the following URL http://servername:8080/KillSession

6. Logon as an administrator using enterprise authentication.

7. You will be able to see all the sessions that are currently active.

You can either end a specific session or a specific user's all sessions.

Keywords

delete sessions, kill sessions, sessions

Header Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any chance I can get that link again? It is not valid:

----

To delete the User sessions, we will use a jsp which you can find at the following link:

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=1GALOWL4CFT4HRRHMFJNKEB66QZPK932U5VID25KPQ3K9J...

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The jsp is attached with KBA http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1834664

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link. It does not seem to be going to the correct article though. Your link is showing article 1834664 but the url is showing 1862925 and that is the article I am getting. Which brings me to another question. What is the link to go to KBA's so I can just enter in an article number?

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to copy paste the link, anyways the link to search for KBAs and open any KBA if you have the number is as follows.

https://service.sap.com/xsearch

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soel

Thanks for your previous replies, unfortunatelly I had to postpone and I am only now looking into it.

I have found the .jsp (DeleteUserSession.jsp and LogonForm.jsp) in the KBA. I copied them to the server when BI 4.0 is running on the following path

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\ROOT

and then on the browser write http://alhambra/DeleteUserSessions.jsp where alhambra is the name of the server.

however I am getting a compile error like the one below:

Could you please help me? I am not familiar with Java.

Thanks in advance,

Teresa

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

You could be missing required .jar files. try to copy them from

<Install. directory>\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat\webapps\BOE\lib to to your custom application lib folder if it is a standalone deployment  with Tomcat.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan

I guess i may be missing some jar files but I don't know how to get. There is not lib folder in

<Install. directory>\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat\webapps\BOE\lib

These are the main location where I can found them

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\eclipse\plugins

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\work\Catalina\localhost\BOE\jars\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\pjs

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\classes

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\jars\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\lib

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\jre\lib

Then, i have my .jsp in

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\ROOT

Could you please let me know from where to where I need to copy?

I am doing this on the server where BI is installed, there is nothing more on that machine.

Thanks in advance,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are the Steps to Create / Deploy Web Application in Tomcat for BI 4.0 Java SDK .

1. Go to Tomcat Installation Directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\ Tomcat6)
  2. Now go to webapps folder in tomcat directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\Webapps).
  3. Create a new application folder within webapps (ex. Test)
  4. Create a new folder named ‘WEB-INF’ within ‘Test’ Folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\ webapps \Test\WEB-INF)
  5. Copy the ‘lib’ folder from the mentioned location: (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib) and paste it to (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps \Test\WEB-INF \lib)
  6. Copy the crystalReportViewers folder from the BusinessObjects Installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers) to (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\ webapps \Test\crystalReportViewers).
  7. Place your all jsp files at the following location (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\ webapps\Test index.jsp)
  8. Create a web.xml file at the following location (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\ webapps\Test\WEB-INF \web.xml
  9. Find attachment file which includes the code to map the crystal report viewer in web.xml file
  10. Restart tomcat and run the code in browser (http:\\localhost:8080\Test\index.jsp).
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JRK Prasad

Thanks for your reply, could you please include the web.xml file? It wasn't attached in your reply.

Thanks in advance,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JRK Prasad

I could run the script with the steps you indicated, I had only to eliminate the port 8080.

Thanks for all the instructions.

I didn't need the web.xml file to map the cristal report, but if you could send me for next times I will appreciate it.

Thanks again for your help.

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohel

The jsp worked, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the below SAP note:

1798423 - Steps to Create / Deploy Web Application in Tomcat for BI 4.0 Java SDK ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JRK Prasad, all good now.

Thanks,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohel

For KBA - 1834664, Can you please provide more detail? I need to know, how to kill the session after closed the browser automatically. We are using Crystal Server 2013 SP1.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to configure the Synchronized timeout setting across the required businessobjects services.Refer the document below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30d83682-5600-2e10-1f95-c416236ec...

Also this

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2011/05/04/businessobjects-administration-managing-ses...

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

I reviewed the above link. Can we try to configure same steps in BO 4.1? Please advise.

Thanks