Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Help is not available in infoset query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created one Infoset and query using logical database IOC. This is for Production order information system.

In my selection screen of query i am getting system status field(by default from SAP) but no standard F4 help is available automatically.

How can i resolve this issue?

Please help.

below are the screen shots.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try adding this filed (Sys Status) in selection screen throguh Infoset --> Extras--> Selection  tab.

Example:

Try creating this field (like the fields shown in red box) by clicking on the NEW icon.

While creating give the tablename-fieldname of system status in the place shown above.

Like TJ30T-ISTAT

I remember this worked during such situations. May try.

Jogeswara Rao K

12 REPLIES 12

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try adding this filed (Sys Status) in selection screen throguh Infoset --> Extras--> Selection  tab.

Example:

Try creating this field (like the fields shown in red box) by clicking on the NEW icon.

While creating give the tablename-fieldname of system status in the place shown above.

Like TJ30T-ISTAT

I remember this worked during such situations. May try.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi jogeswara,

i have tried this. but it is not helping me in getting F4 Help.

I have used Field IOHEADER-STTXT as it is available in logical database IOC.

Please revert.

Jigar

0 Kudos

IOHEADER is a structure, Try using T132T-STTXT.

Jogeswara Rao K

Just I have simulated. The system is not accepting T132T.

In fact I am off the, system. Trying using EP login which is very slow.

The only alternative seems to me to write a code in the code tab for F4 help giving values.

I've never tried this. Usually in LDBs things are not in control.

In case I find a way I'll let you know.

Jogeswara Rao K

Message was edited by: Jogeswara Rao Kavala

0 Kudos

Sorry coding option also will not work.

In fact STTXT is not the field, because it is 40Char long. What you need is 4 character field.

Search for such field in the LDB again and try again.

Now, it seems to me, this is not possible.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi jogeswara,

You have helped me in radio button issue.

Please help here also.

I know you can help me.

Actually I am PP Person and can not do much deeper in ABAP.

I need help.

Jigar

0 Kudos

I have it in mind to try as soon as I get back to system and get back to you if I succeed. My senses say this is an unaddressed area in sap, especially while dealing with LDBs. Please wait for some more time to hear about my final trials.

(I am a PM man, started with Query just like you and have some degree of command, I am sure you'd also arrive at good levels after some time.)

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Good news Jigar!

I went to the system  and worked for some time and then I’ve got it.

Solution is very simple, but you need to know the philosophy behind.

It is like this:

The need for going to the system is to know the field name of the System status field used by Standard selection screen of this LDB. I wasn’t able to get it from EP login from residence. The field name is P_SYST1 (Sequence number 28)

This is obviously one of the standard select-options in Infoset ‘Selections’ tab. But the point is this is a Parameter not a Select-option.

Now if we can create our own system status selection field (say, P_SYST)  and succeeded in having F4 help, the task remains is to pass the value selected to the standard field ie., original system status in the screen.  Now, taking into consideration all these the point, following steps are to be done. 

Solution:

Everything to do is in the Infoset only.

Step1:    Create a Selection field (P_SYST)  selecting the Parameter radio button.

Step2:    Define it this way. The magic doer is the string TJ30T-TXT04

This will look this way after completing.

Step3:    Now go to the Code tab, select START-OF-SELECTION section and write this code as shown below.

Save the code and Generate Infoset ( 'Do all fields ...'  message if appears say OK)

Through this code we are telling the LDB to take the value specified in the field created by us to the original System Status field.

Now run SQ01 afresh and see the result.

The selection screen would look like this. The F4 help is available for you with all its features.

I hope you know that you can personalize the long-list of f4 help, so that only  few (CRTD, PCNF, CNF, REL, TECO, DLFL, CLSD etc) of your choice would appear, when you click F4 help.

You can now hide the original 'System Status' through a variant.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi jogeswara,

Once again you helped me. I have worked the way i wanted, but it is not giving multiple selection or exclude button like as attached.....

or

If u can please help.

Otherwise your answer was awesome and will close thread.

Thanks

Jigar

0 Kudos

Jigar,

Follow this way:

In infoset selections, Create slno. 2,3 and 4 selections.

slno. 3 is just like si.no. 1 already created, with name change slightly.

Sl no. 2 and 4 are checkboxes just like the previous post. (I hope you have it)

Add 3 lines in the Code 'Start-of-Selection' section.

Save code, Save and Generate Infoset. Run SQ01 afresh, Execute to see this screen.

This I have seen working.

In case of further queries pl post.

Jogeswara Rao K

0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

I have tried to apply your solution in the context of using the Logical Database IOC.

I have checked that the parameter "P_SYST1" is present at the level 30 in the selection tab.

I have created the "P_SYST" as you explain,

I have changed the "START-OF-SELECTION" by adding the P_SYST1 = P_SYST.

But when i tried to generate the infoset i received an error telling me that the field P_SYST1 is unknown and thereis a similiar field P_SYST.

Could you help me because i don't know what i missed.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Christophe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

help on the infoset F4 help.

I have created a infoset and trying to access this with analysis for office. Once i generate the infoset the F4 help is available in the prompt screen of the analysis for office. Once the session is gone, then re-login is not giving me anything.

Do i am missing something(code part) or what exactly the generate option is doing over here.

Thanks

Gaurav

0 Kudos

I don't think this is right place to ask your question. You should float a new discussion with more clarity.