cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking a participation without approval in LSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can we book a participation without waiting for manager's approval in LSO workflow? Currently, we are using a custom workflow (which is a copy of WS12000003 with some additional steps) and using task TS12000002  to book the participation in background. But we have a requirement to book the participation without approval from a manager and just send notification to manager after the participation has been booked. So if I exclude the approval step from workflow and use the step with task TS12000002, ERROROCCURED field is returning 1. How could I make this work?

Thanks,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

You have to debug the relevant method, to identify the actual issue.

Go to transaction SWO1 and debug the method ParticipationCreate of business object  LSO_PARTIC.

Thanks,

Viji.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply. I debugged and found that I was not passing plan version and hence the method was returning error all the time.

Thanks,

Suma

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suma !

If the requirement is just to send notification to manager on booking the participant, no need to customize the standard workflow by taking a copy of it.

Book the participant from transaction say LSO_PSV1. Hope the event BOOKREQUEST of the business object LSO_PARTIC would trigger. If so, develop a workflow linking the triggered event, create a background step to identify manager user id provided it would vary depending on criteria like course, employee etc and below this step include a mail step and send notification.

If manager will be always same, send mail using function module SWE_EVENT_MAIL by configuring it in SWETYPV transaction.

Regards,

S.Suresh.