Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer pricing configuration for PO, in SAP

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In my company, some mills run on SAP while the others run on a different ERP system.
So, we have a situation,where the customer's sales order is in SAP but SAP ,in its turn, is sending a PO to the other ERP system. This is because the mill actually producing and shipping the goods to the customer is running on some other ERP system.

Hence, we have an intra-company sales going on between SAP and non-SAP system and I need to configure the transfer pricing for this, so that when the above mentioned PO is created, the appropriate pricing kicks in there.

Can someone please guide me, as what configurations will need to be done , in SAP, to achieve this ?

Even links to documentations ,describing the same, will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

P.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is now solved. I took the help of ABAP developer to locate a user exit , to read values for some of the fields, which were not there on the PO itself but had to be fetched from the material master.

Thanks to everybody for the help.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Your inputs have helped me very much.I have configured my pricing procedure for PO.
My new condition type's access sequence has 2 accesses, i.e., it refers to 2 condition tables.I have created condition records and tested and it is working fine.

Now, I am observing something, for which I need some guidance.

As long as there is a valid condition record present in system, the price is being pulled from there properly. However, if the condition records are deleted, then system is pulling up the price from the last PO created. This PO no. is getting stored as the "last purchasing document" in the info record, for the material, in the purchasing org.data 2 view.

So, here is the situation:

• If condition records exist, then system pulls up the price from there and everything is fine.
  • However, if the condition records are deleted, then it pulls up from the last PO created.
  • I tried the same thing with another material. I created an info record for it, where I maintained a price , but no condition records.When I created a PO for this material in the same way, the system just picked up the info record price. In the pricing analysis, I saw that for my condition type, it has given me the message as "condition record missing".

My Requirement:
If the condition records do not exist or condition records are deleted in the system, then system should simply pick up the info record price (Info rec: Purch Org data 1 view) and not from any previous PO.

Please help me to configure this.

Regards

P.R

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP takes the price either from info record conditions or from last PO.

the price field in : Purch Org data 1 of your info record is just an information field for the user.

this field is not taken into account for price determination.

when you create the info record manually and enter a price in that field, then SAP creates automatically a condition record based on that entry. once the condition is in place, this field gets protected.

It would be  a massive modification if you want to use this field instead of conditions or last PO for your pricing

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your clarification, Jurgen.

Now I have got the requirement for creating some more condition tables and some of the key combinations have fields which are not standard SAP fields but characteristics, as used in VC configuration. An example is given below.

The above highlighted fields are VC characteristics not std., fields. Then how should I include the same for use in condition records? I know that for a field to be used in condition records, it must be maintained at the following location in SPRO:

SPRO: MM->Purchasing ->Conditions -> Define price determination process -> extend field catalog for condition tables.

Regards

P.R

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is to update that I was able to go ahead with creation of at least one condition table which had the above mentioned VC characteristics as their key criteria.I could do this because soem of the necessary characteristics were already maintained in str KOMP, so I could add them to the field catalog (mentioned in my last post).

So, I created the necessary condition record and now when the PO is created, it is referencing all the associated condition records.

However, for my new condition record, as shown below, the analyis shows "10 102 Access not made (initialized field)".

My understanding is that the yellow exclamation mark means that value for these fields ,were not found in the PO.

Is it necessary that for an access to initialized, each of the fields of the key combination must have a value in the body of the PO only?

As far as the above fields are concerned, colour group can be found in 'sales org 2' view of the material master.The remaining 3 values are part of the item configuration details of the MMR and therefore maintained in both BD2 and MRP3 views of the MMR.

Then what is the reason for this failure to initialize?

Please advise.

Regards

P.R

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is a systematic program, it knows values that are present in the PO, but it does not just look around to see if it can find anything in the vendor or in the material.

you can classify a material multiple times, one characteristic can be used in several classes, so from which class should it take the classification?

so you have to help SAP a bit to make it know the values to be used.

if the material is configurable then you do this configuration in the PR or  PO, and then SAP knows the characteristics.

Without this, you would need to determine those characteristic values via a user exit

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks , Jurgen, for explaining the SAP approach.

I understand now that I will need some user exits to go and check the values in MMR sales org and MRP3 view and pull up condition records accordingly.

I searched google and found the names of a lot of user exits which are used for MM pricing procedure but how to understand which one will serve my purpose. Can an ABAP consultant help me to find the right exit? Will I need a new exit to be configured, solely for my purpose?

I will appreciate some guidance on this as I have never worked on this before.

Thanks and regards

P.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Papri,

Please mention your requirements clearly in the subject line as well as in content so that it won't waste others time to diagnose your issue..

Here is the link for the Pricing procedure configuration in details

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1438800

Thanks

Kiran

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

It looks like I have confused everyone by giving too much description.

Ok, here is the requirement : I have a PO, in which there is a vendor. I want to configure the pricing procedure for this PO. Please help me to do this.

There is no need to consider this as STO or anything. It is a normal Purchase order.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery cost can be post to inventory account or can be post to separate G/L account.

Do setting to post Delivery cost to inventory account,design your  MM pricing procedure/calculation schema in t.code:M/08 and keep condition types as following(no need of any accrual key)
Step—Count--- Cond.type-------Descrip---From----To--XXXXX- Sub Total----account key----accural key
10-----0----------PB00---------Base prices------------------------------------9------------------------------------------
20-----0-----------R000-----------discount-------10----
30-----0-----------PK00-----------Packing-------20---
40-----0-----------IN00-----------Insurance----- 20-----
50-----0-----------ZFRE----------Frieght --------20----------------------------------------------------------------------

60------------------TOTAL-------------------------- 20----50----------------------S---------------------------------

Do setting to post Delivery cost to separate G/L account ,design your MM pricing procedure/calculation schema in t.code:M/08 and keep condition types as following( Assign account key for accrual key column)
Step—Count--- Cond.type----Descrip---From----To--XX- Sub Total----account key-accuralkey
10-----0----------PB00---------Base prices--------------------------------9------------------------------------------
20-----0-----------R000-----------discount-------10----
30-----0-----------PK00-----------Packing-------20---
40-----0-----------IN00-----------Insurance------20-----
50-----0-----------ZFRE----------Frieght --------20----------------------------------------------------------------

60------------------TOTAL--------------------------20----50------------------S----------------------------------FR1-

NOTE:

For more refer a thread which alreday discussed about posting of delivery cost.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3172984

Regards,

Biju K

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking for help on configuring the pricing procedure in my PO.

I do not need any instructiions about configuring the STO.

Also my PO is expected to be a normal PO. We shall create the external ERP system as a vendor in SAP and then it will be like any other PO. I want the pricing to kick in when this PO is created with this vendor and this is what I need help with.

Please ask if my requirement is not clear and provide solutions accordingly.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use separate MM pricing procedure for your Stock Transport Order process!

In  MM pricing procedure for your Stock Transport Order- Keep material price in condition type  P101  and for transfer cost,cretae a new condition type.

Refer details to capture delievery cost in  Stock Transport Order process for your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/message/10443613

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just follow the normal PO pricing procedure. If you don't know that, it is common part of MM, so links are easily availble. Please search.

Transfer costs should be configured as a new condition type or you can use frieght condition. It will not affect value of material. It will be settled during IV posting.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these links where you will find information regarding how the stock transport orders work and how they can be customized (it would be useful for those mills running SAP...):

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/Stock+Transport+with+Delivery

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/Stock+Transfer+Order+(STO)+with+Full+or+Partial+Return+o...