cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO WorkFlow Release Strategy with Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to configure PO release strategy where we have Release Group and Release Code Plant-wise.

I have configured the same for PR release strategy and I could get the workflow triggered for PR.

However, the Plant field is missing in PO Release Strategy configuration.

When I check the table T16FW, I could see the field "PLant" for even PO Release Group & Code combination but it is blank.

Is there a way to maintain Plant-wise Agents for PO Release Strategy?

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plant field:

CEKKO - WERKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

PO Release strategy is triggering Plant wise as I have maintained the Characteristice for Plant and assigned the Communication structure, however, I wanted to have Approval Strategy (Agent determination for workflow) to have Plant-wise. If you see the configuration for PO Release Workflow, you cannot define the Agents Plant-wise. Is there any workaround to have Agents plant-wise? (Pls refer to the config of PR Release strategy, under Workflow option, you can give Plant wise Agents). I am looking for the same functionality for PO Release strategy.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plant is an object in SAP. Check with security expert - they can create authorization profiles for users Plant-Wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leave the PO Release Workflow as BLANK.

Use help of Security team, to restrict access to PO release TCODES (ME28 and ME29N) for all users Plant-Wise. The PO will go for release as per strategy but ONLY users authorized for a Plant will be able to see their PO and release it. They will not see POs waiting for release if they do not belong in their authorized plant.

Authorization should be maintained on basis of all PO parameters:

Release Group + Release Strategy + Plant

Check with security team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not use agents. Ask security team to create user roles and map them to release codes. Then link user roles to each user profile, and assign plant and purchase org/purchase grp (if req) to each user as his/her authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have GRC system in place and the Restriction is also enabled Plant wise. It is working fine for PR.

My pain point is that, I am using Standard Workflow and if I donot put Agents in Workflow setting, then the Workflow willnot work.

I want to have the Plant wise Agent assignment, but in the configuration in PO Release Strategy, the Plant field is missing.

Have a look at the PR Release strategy settings and compare it with PO Release strategy configuration.

Please let me know if there is ay option to add Plant for Release Group & Code combination?

Regards,

Raghu