cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return stock to same storage bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have 1 storage type which is having full stock removal requirement active. Also this storage type is having return stock to same storage bin ticked.

Can you please explain as this storage type is having full stock removal requirement active then why return stock to same storage bin ticked.

If return stock to same storage bin ticked the do stock return to storage bin get back automatically in system or we need to do create any internal transfer order for this.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 1 storage type which is having full stock removal requirement active. Also this storage type is having return stock to same storage bin ticked.

With setting described above, system will always remove the "whole quant" from source bin in this storage type. In addition, storage type and bin for returning excessive picking qty (LTAP-RLTYP, LTAP-RLPLA) will also be populated in the TO item, which are the same as source bin and storage type.

Here is a example.

Source

AAA   01-01-01   10 PC (qty of whole quant)

Destination

BBB   02-09-03   5  PC (required picking qty)

Return     

AAA   01-01-01   5 PC (return to same bin)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally when you do stock removal, stock will be picked from your source storage i.e. your actual storage type - storage bin ( which is subjected to full stock removal) and moved to the interim storage type - 916. But there can be cases where the picked quantity from the interim bin can be smaller than the actual hence the balance quantity will be returned to your source storage from interim if the source storage type is set with return stock to same storage bin indicator in the storage type settings.

I hope this happens automatically at the time of your TO Procesing.

Thanks n Regards,