cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Crystal Reports for Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an application in Visual Studio 2010 which uses Crystal Reports. I then created a setup package with InstallShield for VS 2010. I downloaded the CRRuntime_13_0_5.msm merge module (CRforVS_mergemodules_13_0.zip) and added it to the redistributables. When I build the solution I get the error:

Error 2 -1007: Unable to copy file from 'C:\Projects\MATT_Setup\MATT_Setup\Express\Interm\MergeModules\CRNET.F007D36F_EB36_4495_A392_E3A3068B7322\CrystalDecisions.Web.Mobile.MobileV.A10A1B0D.3014.40BE.BF92.8265A3AF3BE9' to 'C:\Projects\MATT_Setup\MATT_Setup\Express\DVD-5\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\GAC\en\CrystalDecisions.Web.Mobile.MobileViewerSys.resources.dll'. The file path is longer than the limit set by the operating system. Change the build location of the current release to a shorter path to resolve this issue.

It don't see that I have any control over these path names, other than the initial c:\Projects\MATT_Setup. How do I get around this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob

Can you please list all the CR assemblies referenced in your project as well as the version of each assembly?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

References:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine      13.0.2000.0

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource                    13.0.2000.0

CrystalDecisions.Shared                               13.0.2000.0

CrystalDecisions.Web                                   13.0.2000.0

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms                 13.0.2000.0

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the length of the path:

C:\Projects\MATT_Setup\MATT_Setup\Express\DVD-5\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\GAC\en\CrystalDecisions.Web.Mobile.MobileViewerSys.resources.dll

it comes out to 253 characters, plus a few hidden / terminating chars and you are beyond the OS limit. See the following for more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177665

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/11/filesystem-paths-how-long-is-too-long.html

Shorten your path is the only option.

BTW., if this is a web app, you do not need to reference CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms. If this is a Win app, you do not need to reference CrystalDecisions.Web

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I submit. I guess there is no reasonable solution.

I made my project name smaller and managed to get it to work.

It just seems ridiculous to me that I am limited to a total 14 characters for my path name and project name because Visual Studio / InstallShield / Crystal Reports are tacking on a 242 character path after that.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the official answer to this problem that we have to limit our project name and path? There is no fix?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi   Matthew

This being a System thing, unless you have a contact at Microsoft that can resolve it somehow, then the "official" answer is; yes you have to limit our project name and path.

Or, if you can prove that this is a Crystal Reports "thing", let me know and I will take another look.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)