cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP online help configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to install SAP online help on Solution Manager 7.1 system, running on HP-UX.

I have run SAPINST and installed the online content on SOLMAN box in the unix directory : /usr/sap/<SID>/<DIR1>/SAP_ONLINE_HELP/PLAINHTM/EN

Now i went to transaction SR13, chose Tab PlainHtmlHttp: -

variant: SAPHELP

platform :WN32

Area: IWBHELP

Server Name: <i provided the server name here>

path: /usr/sap/<SID>/<DIR1>/SAP_ONLINE_HELP/PLAINHTMLanguage: EN

Default: Yes

Now I am unable to test the online help by clicking on Menu -> Help -> SAP Library, as even though the online help opens in web browser it does not go to the path as defined at OS level for documentation.

I understand that accessing a unix file link from SAPGUI help is strange  but if not then what better solution can be done here to acces the help installed on unix box.

I also  do NOT intend to install this SAP help on some windows server and then using the link as path for help provider for solution manager.

Kindly suggest asa soon as possible.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you try the below settings.

New Entries

Variant  SAP_HELP

Platform WN32

Area  IWBHELP

Server Names   http://help.sap.com

Path     saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata  - this is the help file for your SAP system this is Solman system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rishi,

I cannot use this becuase this would work but take me to help.sap.com starting page and not show me the specific help which i would be looking for in SAPGUI screen. Configuring SAP online help on OS level would help me in getting to specific help and not searching for the texts on the general help website.SO we have installed it on OS level mount and need to access this somehow over the browser using PLAINHTMLHELP which is used for unix. But this some how is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So how are you planning to Share the installation folder to the network where you are planning the help.

Path =

<Servername>\<sharename>\HTMLHelp

I think once you share that drive it would work.

so it easier to do via windows server which is in the domain where user are planning to user help but you already mentioned that you don't want to user windows help..

Thanks

Rishi abrol