cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send multiple value to "SAPSetFilter" method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP technologies. I am using VB macro to set value for filter.

I was succeeded in setting a filter value for a dimension using following code in VBA macro.

r = Application.Run("SAPSetFilter","DS_1","ZDFEF","EN","Text")

Now I need to set multiple value and also range of values, I wen through the SAP guide and it used the syntax present in that but could not succeeded in setting multiple filter values

r = Application.Run("SAPSetFilter", "DS_1","ZDFEF","EN;CN;IN", "INPUT_STRING")

Please help any one help me regarding this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at the user guide here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AMS14/en/14SP1_aaoffice_user_en.pdf

In there you find the chapter 3.6.19 Syntax for entering values which helps you defining ranges, exclusive selections and so on.

The second code line with your Input String looks quite okay, is there any error code? what is your r variable after execution? 0 or 1?

If its 0 use the LastError information to get some more details about your problem. The syntax is explained in chapter 3.6.18 Using LastError information.

Hope that helps.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Drik,

Thank you very much for that guide.

I solved my problem using that guide. The problem was I was sending filter values as text hence the filter value was not applied. Now I sent the key value of the filter value and it worked.

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)