cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field for user-specific entries (Inprocess Insp)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

we have activated inprocess inspection (insp type 03), and also using the user specific fields like date , time and others for some data entry , can we add / assign any help (catalog) in user specific field in others field (e.g shift , standard value as mentioned in screen short) as we have in date and time

actually our scenario is we want to select shift from defined catalog in user specific field

kindly guide me below is the screen short

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In config you can use FM's to help you with that.

In config: QM-->Quality Planning-->Inspection Planning-->General-->Define Identifier for Inspection Points

This is the third tab of the identifier configuration.

These are the four examples FM's SAP provides that you can copy and modify for your own purposes.

QAPP_CUST_IP_CHECK      

Checking the Entered Inspection Point Identification         

QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE     

Automatic Creation of Inspection Points and Partial Lots     

QAPP_CUST_IP_F4         

F4 - Help for the Inspection Point Fields                    

QAPP_CUST_IP_PROPOSAL   

Default for Inspection Point Identification in Results Recording  

For your purposes, you want to set up the last section for the list values using the example FM QAPP_CUST_IP_F4.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

could you plz provide me little detail, how i can modify this ?? may i have to in list values for F4 in this FM according to my requirement, i need to assign different catalog , is it possible ??

how to use these fields plz explain if possible

I_QALS    LIKE    QALS                    Current Inspection Lot
I_VORGLFNR    LIKE    QAPO-VORGLFNR                    Current Operation
I_QAPP_USER_FIELD    LIKE    QAPPW-QKZ_USER_FIELD                    Required User Field
former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need a programer to modify the FM provided.  It only provides the most basic functionality.

The extended text concerning table T_TQ79_F4_VALUES is as follows:

Short Text

Values for F4 Help

You define the fields for the list of values in this table.

The table consists of the fields USERFIELD and SHORTTEXT. In the field USERFIELD, you must define the possible entries on the basis of the import parameter I_QAPP_USER_FIELD. For example, if the field I_QAPP_USER_FIELD has attribute 4, you must define the possible entries for the user field 'Number, length 3' in T_TQ79_F4_VALUES-USERFIELD. If I_QAPP_USER_FIELD has attribute 6, a date must be defined in T_TQ79_F4_VALUES-USERFIELD. You can define a short text for each value in the field, T_TQ79_F4_VALUES-SHORTTEXT.

The format of the selection table is copied by the user from SAP.

Function Module

When I used this for a client of mine, we just wrote our own FM and we defined our own custom table of values.  With SAP's design you'd need a separate FM for each identifier created.   We wanted one FM for any identifer and one table to hold all our values. So we built our own Z-table for this with additional key fields. 

FF

Answers (0)