cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design panel doesn't show up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed Advanced Analysis for MS Office 1.4 SP2 64 bit which was recently released.

Problem: after Inserting Data Source the Display Panel doesn't show up.

I use MS Office 2013 64 bit, Windows 7.

Didn't encounter any problems with my previous installations on Win XP 32 bit.

Any clue?

NG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our user is getting the same issue.  We have the same MS Excel and Analysis Office version.

Analysis Office version: 1.4 SP5 (1.4.5.2837)

MS Excel version: 2010

Hope somoene here and give us an idea on how to fix this.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Mark

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark - this is an old thread; please try and go up to 1.4 SP12 and see if your user still has this issue.  If they do, please create a new thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I appreciate the very fast response! Thank you!  It's just that it's a bit weird if we have the same appliacation versions and yet, the behaviour isn't the same.  We have requested our user to have his AO re-installed.  Hopefully, that will work.  If not, i'm not exactly sure what to do 😐

Kind Regards,

Mark

maagp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Natan,

Currently there is a known Design Panel issue when using AO in combination with Excel 2013. When you have opened several workbooks in Excel and click the Show Design Panel button it will be shown / hidden in your first workbook and not in the current one.

We are currently working on this issue and it is planned to get this fixed with AO 1.4 SP3.

Best regards,

Patrik - AO Development Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrik,

We experience a similiar problem as Natan with the display of the design panel. Even though the button display seems active (not greyed out) it is not possible to display the panel on the side.

We found the following message in the error log, mentioning a task pane problem:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.xl.EaTaskpane.get_DockPosition()
      at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.controls.Taskpane.CnAbstractTaskpaneBase.SaveSizeAndPosition()
      at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.main.EaSession.Disable()
      at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.main.EaOfficeAddin.Shutdown()
      | 2013-10-10T10:15:29   | com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.excel.main.EaOfficeAddin.Shutdown() ()

our demo system runs on windows server 2008. We downloaded the current version of Business Objects Analysis Office Edition 1.4 and we’r e able to connect to an underlying BW Query and nicely produce the expected results. The Excel version is 2010 (32-bit).

Any news with resolving the above issue or tips / hints (e.g. a dll is missing etc.)?

Thanks and best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved, We installed SP3. Now we are on 1.4.3 and the side panel works.

maagp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Great that you could solve this issue with SP3

But all Office 2013 users should download SP4 that has been released today, it contains a fix for the wrong taskpane behaviour in Office 2013 (please take a look at SAP Note 1915626 for mor details).

Best regards,

Patrik

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your Microsoft Office version 64 or 32 bit?

If it is 32 bit then you will need to use Analysis Office version 32 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My MS Office is 64 bit.