cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nZDT free?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - unable to find recent documentation on this.  the only thing I could find was 3 yrs old

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0bcdae4-a5f0-2d10-ae89-b5512d4aa...

Does anyone know if this nZDT can be done by the customer free of charge?  Or is this only available as a $$ service through SAP?  Details on this appreciated - thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
ronald_halmen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please don't mix up NZDT with SUM nZDM. NZDT is a trigger based approach that can also cover migrations (Unicode, HANA, OS/DB) and various other maintenance eventswhile nZDM is restricted to updates and upgrades. For NZDT requests please refer to SAP note 693168 or contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

We are planning to upgrade our  CRM 5.2 -> CRM 7.0 EHP3 and PI 7.0 -> PI 7.4.

Oracle 10g -> 11g DBsize 4TB.

Can I  use the "Downtime Minimization Service" from SAP for this product release?

or we just use the standard function of SUM tool to reduce the downtime?

Thanks

Liji

ronald_halmen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

NZDT is only available for the CRM / database upgrade you want to perform.

For PI you would have to rely on the standard SUM features. You may have heard of the nZDM for Java approach but this one is only available for SP updates in higher releases, see http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33260.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ronald for the info.

Regards

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

Can we use NZDT for one step upgrade , unicode & Hana migration?

Thanks,

Bhushan

ronald_halmen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

yes, that's possible. You could even combine it with the S/4HANA Finance 1503 migration if you want and if your start release is ERP 6.0 or higher.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ronald.

So I believe the NZDT service is not GA to partners and needs to be offered via SAP Consulting similar to Optimized DMO.

I see quite similarity between both of them.  

Thanks,

Bhushan

ronald_halmen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

yes, NZDT is a service that is offered excusively by SAP Consulting.
Which approach is more suitable depends on many factors, e.g. hardware availability or downtime requirements. With NZDT, a clone sever helps you to get rid of the upgrade downtime. With downtime-optimized DMO you save the money for the clone but the entire upgrade downtime remains part of the business downtime. SAP Consulting supports the customer in finding the right approach before starting the actual implementation. You may contact mds@sap.com for more details.

Regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

Could you tell me the contact person of NZDT method?

Currently I have been discussing with my client how to minimize downtime during migration / conversion from current 10TB system to S/4 HANA.

I believe NZDT is the must possible option but I couldn't find detailed information related both NZDT and S/4 conversion.

It will be nice if I could meet to the NZDT guys in TechED Las Vegas in next week.

Best regards,

Kazuma Suzuki

ronald_halmen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kazuma,

did you already send a mail to the address I have mentioned earlier (mds@sap.com)? Depending on which region your client is located you will be redirected to the right contact person. You can also send a mail to me (ronald.halmen@sap.com) if you want to and I will take care of it.
However, please note that NZDT is only available for conversions to S/4HANA Finance 1503 and 1605 target systems so far - see also SAP note 2309893. Conversions to S/4HANA on-premise 1511 will not be supported for NZDT and first conversions to target release S/4HANA 1610 that use NZDT will be possible as of Q1/2017 only.

Kind regards,
Ronald

BoYong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

zNDT is a bit like "Cloud". Different people mean different things when they use that term. The full-blown methodology is required for very few installations.

The majority should do with the NZDT features that come with SUM 1.0/SP4. The usage is free.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

The link which you shared is the only NZDT document available to customers.

No updated document has been released after that.

As of now zNDT is done by SAP only and not available for partners or customer free of charge.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Incase the query has been answered, request you to close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori