cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports Printing Bar Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a crystal report avery format label report in crystal

associated software i developed handles the ability to allow user to pick which label they want to start on of any sheet of labels

the software generates an intermediate table with the requested number of label data and also with the appropriate number of blank labels. when printing address labels etc there is no problem.  However when printing bar code labels a bar code prints on the blank label.  This leaves ink on  the users printer roller and they would like to have no printing on the unused portion of the labels.

this is the formulat i use for the bar code field:

if {Procedures.CatalogNum} > '1' Then

{Procedures.CatalogNum}

and it prints a small bar code on the unused labels.

If i add ELSE '    " 

i still get the same result.

I get the impression the deault for the font is what is printing or something.  The font is  C39 AIAG B-4 24pt LJ4

Would like someway to get that font not to print anything if desired OR possibly when it is a blank label, dynamically within the report to change the font if there is no label to print!

any suggestions or help  appreciated.

Ted

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ted,

is there an associated record in the database that identifies the next starting label or is this handled by the state of the application?

if in the database, you could do something like adding a Text Object on top of where the bar code is, Format the text object to have a white Background, and then conditionally Suppress the text object based on the database field.

if no state is in the database, perhaps you could also conditionally suppress the text object in your code?

i hope that this helps,

jamie