Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in condition schema for SRGV

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

1. The issue is the generation variant which I have created is not listed in the standard schema selection.

for eg: I created a generation variant MSDVAR and assigned a template to it.

I am able to generate the report with this variant , however, it is not getting listed in the standard selection table.

Check the path,

IMG - Product Safety - Report shipping - Basic settings for Shippings from SD documents - Specify Condition schemas for report generation variant selection

In either of any condition table, my variant MSDVAR is not getting listed. Please tell me what is the reason behind it.?

2. I tried generating reports using standard variants for the same specification such as

CH-MSDS  which had 3 pages with not much detail( template was CH-MSDS-EXAMPLE)

MSDS_US_U1 which had 8 pages with all detail ( template was SDS_IDES_US - 01)

MSDVAR WITH 2 PAGES WITH NO DETAILS (template was CH-MSDS-EXAMPLE)

what is the reason behind this. Please throw some light..

Regards

Dhinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

1.) you misinterpret the condition tables. YOu need to populate them by your self. Roughly you need:

a.) assign country to generation variant e.g. US MSDS_US

b.) language of "customer" is then the "driver" for language of report to be created

There are four condition tables to be maintained (not mandatory; depending on your needs; please check SAP marketplace. There is a OSS note available which explaind all steps needed to prepare SDS/MSDS distribution set up

2.) the result (in the sense of content of the report) depends on definition of generation variant, layout and existign suitable data records. Therefore. there are too many reasons why you have the effects listed.

E.g. if "density" is part of layout then check generation variant (which rating, which validity area used); then check data base etc.

C.B.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear C.B,

Thank you for your response. The system is behaving erratically sometimes. LAst time, i could not find any of my variants. Today, i am able to assign any variant i choose.I did not make any assignment nor configuration changes. its working fine now. im trying my hand now with Expert and rules. Why do i need a expert server ?Is it mandatory.I am able to generate a msds. Do i still need to use the expert server and for what purpose. Hope there is a blog reg this.

Closing the issue.

Regards

Dhinesh

Answers (0)