cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCM- Permit Extension for applications and Op WCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP WCM Experts

I'm doing WCM(Work Clearance Management) enhanced model implementation. I've configured permits like Cold Work, Hot Work permits etc as applications.

I want to ask this "How to configure extension of application in this "?

E.g If permit validity is 1 day and it needs to extended for more 3 hours becuase work has not finished as of now. Is there any possiblity to do this with standard settings in WCM.

I heard there is some standard functionality available from EHP5 to do this activity.

Please advise.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member349429
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

the function-based extension was developed for release SAP 6.0 EhP 5. This function was required for the WPM configuration but can also be used for other configurations. But this function is only available for the Applications.

See the following IMG Activity: Maintain Usage of Applications. In this IMG activity, you define the usage for your applications. Note the following special features:

• You can shift the start of an application's validity.
  • You define the duration of the validity (in hours).
  • You can define a function-based extension of the validity (of a certain amount of hours).

Regards Uwe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

It is not possible in standard configuration. To achieve this...

If the permit is in prepared you need to reset prepared then system will allow you to change the valid from and to date. If system won't allow you to do so please check this path SPRO-PM-WCM-Maintain Application profile-filed selection remove check box fld.sel.Appl. then system will allow to make changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

I removed check from field sel ection but still unable to make changes in validity period. kindly suggest how we can do that.