cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Error in BI launch Pad as user, BOBJ 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am not able login as user in Business object launch pad in order to check the folder assignment to user, error as follow upon login,

"Account Information Not Recognized: Enterprise authentication could not log you on. Please make sure your logon information is correct. (FWB 00008)"

Imported the Role from BI to business object environment after assigned to test user and performed the folder assignment to group in CMC, i am using BI logon Authentication for BI test user.

Note: As a Admin i am only able to logon with the Authentication as Enterprise, not as SAP not sure if that has any thing do for the error.

I am new to Business object 4.0 security, your help to resolve the issue will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Asher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexandre_dussac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asher,

To get you right:

- you have imported the roles from your BW system

- you have imported the BW users within this role into BO

right?!

What is important is that you understand that there is different type of users. The one you imported from your BW system is a SAP user so this is normal that you have to use SAP and not Enterprise as authentication medthod. Administrator is an Enterprise user so SAP will not work.

SAP User are formatted like this when you import them (can be changed):

<SID>~<CLIENT>/<USER_NAME>

Then you have a concept of ALIAS, it means that your SAP User could have a enterprise or a AD alias for example and this enables you to use additional authentication method.

However I think for your test user, you should use the SAP authentication and the error you are getting is just by-design.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

I have followed the steps according to the screen shot where i imported the Role and updated the USER and assigned the corporate folder to the Group(Bi Role) Now based on test user BI logon credentials it should work in user launch pad ? right

As an admin i do not have access to log in as SAP user in CMC.. how do i go about getting that access as an admin.

Appreciated all you help.

Regards

Asher

alexandre_dussac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asher,

Yes it will work.

What you can do is just create an enterprise user, add it to the group and test it from there no?

Then you could add a BW alias to this user depending on your needs..

If you can explain more what you are trying to achieve, I'm sure we can help.

Best-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Having issue with user not being able to login as SAP USER with the backend (BI) Credentials in the BO launch Pad...

Finally i am able login as a SAP ADMIN in CMC with my BI credentials after the  assignment of following Admin Roles 

Z_SAP_RFCCAL

Z_BO_ROLE

Again, the issue being not able to logon as user in the user Launch pad.

Best Regards,

Asher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved, Appreciated all your help.

Best Regards,

Asher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asher,

Could you please share the solution for the issue?

I am facing similar issue where BW users are not able to login to http://webserver:portnumber/BOE/BI

Best Regards,

Sangeetha. R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

You said for SAP Authentication in BO " SAP User are formatted like this when you import them (can be changed):

<SID>~<CLIENT>/<USER_NAME>"

How can it be changed? In BI Launch Pad it shows this full format for the user in the top banner but I want to only display <USER_NAME>. Been tearing my hair out with this, I hope you can help?

Thanks and kind regards,

Dave

alexandre_dussac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David, here is the note to help you with this.

https://support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1343537

Cheers.

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Thank you so much.

I don’t know how we possibly missed this in our searching.

It’s exactly what we need.

Kindest regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asher ,

i am also facing same issue , could you elabrate the resoultion on this issue .

Thanks in advacne ,

Balaji

Answers (0)