cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating hit list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an Excel file of specifications that I would like to convert into a "hit list" in CG02. There is no criteria i can use in CG02 to reproduce this hit list, so at the moment, I only have it externally. I could not see a way to paste in all the specifications. Does anyone have an idea?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for asking this question Scott.  It's the one I was wanting to ask myself and has been answered.  I'll be pointing our support people in the direction of the OSS notes you mentioned.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

for those who might be interested to know how to prepare such a search functionality as mentioned by Francois you should check e.g. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42178

I can only recommend to take a look. May be you get new ideas .

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

please check SAP marketplace. There are some OSS notes available which may be are not part of your system. If you have implemented them you can;:

1.) use an external ASCII list with spec numbers

2.) use an external ASCII list with mat numbers

to generate the hit list.

This solution is (after implementing the OSS notes) now available at many places (e.g. CG54/Cg50); a further OSS note is available so that you can use an external ASCII list to generate a phrase list (cg12/cg13).

Pay attention. The implementaion of the OSS notes is not straightforward. May be the OSS noe recommendations are adapted. At the time the OSS notes have been published the note help was not sufficient to implement with out a problem these notes.

From my point of view. These OSS notes are a "must" to be implemented ; the user are supported after that very well in their daily business

There is a standard function available to "store" hit list in the system. The same is true for "queries". Refer to SAP help. This functionality exist now for a while and has not been changed.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe. I looked thru the OSS notes today and I think I found the note you refer to: 1695615, with a prerequisite of 1727187.

In a former company, I recall another "Extended search function" called something like "Substances contained on list"...or something to that effect, but i have never seen it again with other companies. Maybe this OSS note is actually what they implemented, although I thought they said it was a custom they made for themselves,

Anyway, I do agree this is very valuable for people to use. Typically you need to search on multiple substances or material numbers at once, and this is perfect.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

regarding your topic: "Substances contained on list"" many companies use different solutions and there are some enhancements by SAP which are related to use of  SERC.

At the end it is a matter of definition:

a.) if the term "list" does mean "regulatory list" you may be know that you can assign a regulatory list to an identifier. You can not search for this information by standard but there is a standard output variant available; if needed you can enhance CG02 by using your own search functionality

b.) or you mean by "listed" on a "regulatory list" not the "identifier" topic but a VAT data record the same is true: here you can use the SAP standard you search for data like: show all LIST_SUB , PUR_SUB etc. which are listed on "TSCA, US" etc.

The OSS note mentioned is not referring to that. It is used to create hit list based on a list of spec ids or mat numbers. Pay attention: you need really read any link to the OSS note. To implement this functionaliyt is not easy and many NOtes are neded (but it is a great enhancement !!!)

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Scott,

we have in our system a CG02 search called "Substances according to file..." which is a extension provided by Technidata (when they were not part of SAP).

enables to search based on formated text file

<sublist>

</sublist>

BR