cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling to PDF - File name issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I schedule the Webi report and set to export as PDF on file system with "Use specific name" in the destination tab as %SI_NAME%, the pdf file is generated with some extra characters in the name. For example if my report name is XYZ then it will create pdf file as XYZ_9857944747736522348.pdf

Has anyone else come across this issue? Is this an issue with BO 4.0 that its encrypting the name? We are using BO 4.0 sp4.

Thanks,

Siraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

Please make sure that you have selected "Use Specific Name" option. As it looks like in your case its automatically generated file name.

And in "Use Specific Name" option, please use following syntax %SI_DOCUMENT_NAME%_%SI_STARTTIME%_%EXT%.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj ,

Could you please use the placeholder "%SI_DOCUMENT_NAME% and check if you still see the extra characters

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha/Hardik,

Do you know how we can do this in java SDK. Which class and method should we invoke?

(Sorry: Not sure if I posted in the wrong area)

Thanks,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

Please find below link to Java SDK samples specifically provided for scheduling by SAP:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Java+BusinessObjects+Enterprise+SDK+Samples#JavaBusinessOb...

Refer to above samples and let us know if you have any query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

I have referred to this link before but I couldn't find the renaming portion in any codes. Do you have any specific code that has "Use Specific Name"  kind of option in the java code?

Thanks,

Siraj