Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting xml message to MII transaction

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a transaction in MII to receive xml messages. I am invoking the transaction using the below URL and post a xml message.

http://hostname:50000/XMII/Runner?transaction=Folder1/Folder2/TranxName&InputParameter=InMessageXml&...

After posting the message I am getting a response as below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<Rowsets DateCreated="2013-08-02T11:29:03" EndDate="2013-08-02T11:29:03"

StartDate="2013-08-02T11:29:03" Version="12.1.9 Build(116)" TransactionID="6632913">

<FatalError>Unable to recover from error, no action taken.</FatalError>

<Messages/>

</Rowsets>

When I checked the transaction manager I can see that this transaction has been invoked but the status remains as running. I waited for some time but it is not getting terminated. Since the status is running it is not printing any messages in the log. I put a termination action block in the transaction but still it is not getting terminated.

I am using MII version 12.1.9 Build(116).

Any help on this will be very much appreciated

Thanks

Shaji

0 Kudos

9 years have passed. Is there any solution?

PCO to MII Transaction

"Unable to recover from error, no action taken."

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The question is already very old and you tried to reach out to inactive members which means that your comment/the question in your comment won't be addressed. Please don't add comments to inactive threads but instead ask your own new question here: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html

You should also check out our tutorial to learn more about asking and answering questions in the community: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

Did you figure out a solution for the Terminate Transaction issue.

I am currently facing this problem, Could you share any solution.

-Karthik

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balakrishnan,

What is the input parameter type you are using? In case you use a xml type please change to string and try

Thanks

Shaji

0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

In my case, its not XML input but , a Transaction is calling another transaction in a loop , in Synchronous mode.

For some reason , even if the child transaction completed and loop ended successfully. The parent transaction doesnt seem to complete.

It comes out of the loop and stays on for ever until we terminate from the Trasn. Mngr.

I added 'Terminate Transaction ' block in the end but still i dont see any diff.

Regards,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,  Does this XML Parameter could be a cause for  the issue ?

-Karthik

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Kartik,

It could be. Try changing parameter type to String and test. Also make sure the child transaction is returning true for successful completion of transaction.

You may try restarting the Netweaver java instance also.

Thanks

Shaji

0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

As suggested by Doug..please check the URL again its a case sensitive. Then please go to the Menu.jsp page and under System Management tab we have log viewer. Where we can check all the activity that is performing in MII.

So Invoked your URL again and then note the exact timing and then check the Log Viewer at and after that time you have noted. you will get the reason from there only, what is happening during the execution of your transaction.

Thanks,

Ritim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it's a typo in your post, But in your URL, the word "Transaction" needs to be with a capitol "T"

NW is case sensitive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check netweaver logs ? May be there is a little more explanation there why the transaction is running for ever/failing.

Use http://<host>:<port>/nwa/logs to access netweaver logs

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

Are you able to test run the transaction from the workbench?

I guess there could be some problem in the transaction intself.

You could use the Event Logger Action block in the transaction for debugging the transaction to know exactly where the transaction is failing.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I am able to run the transaction via Workbench. Actually I have not coded the transaction with full functionality. Currently I am just printing the xml message using Event Logger action block.

Any help on this much appreciated

Thanks

Shaji