cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which business process we use vl_complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear I know what is the purpose of VL_COMPLETE but i dont know  in which business process we use this ..

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29596

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a good business example. From my past experience I have another business scenario where we can use this transaction. Due to any reason if we need to reverse the whole cycle i.e billing document, delivery order and sale order then you might have notices that there is no link in document flow of all the documents after reversal. For keeping this link in document we can use this transaction. Steps would be

Reverse invoice in VF11.

Reverse Delivery in VL09.

Run transaction VL_COMPLETE and complee the delivery.

I am not sure in this case whether we will be able to pit reason for rejection or not but my guess is we wont be able to put reason as subsequent document exists. But our purpose of reversing the cycle is completed and there is link in document flow of all documents. If we dont use this transaction then we have to delete the delivery and it will delete the link in document flow. Hope you understand my point.

Narendra

TW has shared a very good and logical business example. Why his example seems like story to you

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thus customer has paid 100USD and has not received any goods for that (from the company).

Let me know ,how that Customer has paid money to company before getting  materials ?.At what based on , he paid to company to company ? .In SAP ,how to show that customer paid money earlier ? .Actually ,After creation of Delivery ,we should create Billing to show the cost of goods sold from company point of view ?

Take one simple example ,

If in case customer paid amount to company earlier then FI guy will be maintained that amount thru FI and then company will be going to issue the goods to customer after at least we should create the Proforma Invoice ( this is 101 % mandatory ) to company because they want know how much that customer purchased from their company .

Note : T.W answer is  very ? . I think ,he cooked up it .Nice keep it up ,

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

If you read my post again, you would see that it is a B2B scenario, where the buyer (customer) is a manufacturing company which buys its raw material on regular basis, all year round from this vendor (company) (also buys regularly from other vendor organizations).

As both organization do regular business, so payment upfront is not unusual and not uncommon.

The customer has its manufacturing schedule and needs goods (raw material) JIT or else it would have to keep that raw material stock. The customer does not want to keep raw material stock.

The above gives the background information for this business transaction.

If you come to FI postings etc. in SAP. From my understanding (I know very little about SAP FI), the values (money) were put in G/L accounts by some FI transaction.

And for this payment material has to be sold / delivered to the customer.

In that case, in the sales cycle billing could not be done. And sales order > delivery > PGI could not be deleted.

Further the status / cycle would have to be completed. That is the reason this transaction code was used.

The truck drivers from the company (vendor) warehouse used to take a copy of the delivery note (actually 4 copies) when going to unload the goods in the SH (customer premises).

It is a real-time scenario. I have worked in the vendor company (as an end user).

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you come to FI postings etc. in SAP. From my understanding (I know very little about SAP FI), the values (money) were put in G/L accounts by some FI transaction.

And for this payment material has to be sold / delivered to the customer.

In that case, in the sales cycle billing could not be done. And sales order > delivery > PGI could not be deleted.

Further the status / cycle would have to be completed. That is the reason this transaction code was used.

Up to me ,We dont have that kind option to keep Money ( Values ) in G/L Account directly by FI transaction to particular Customer until unless  F-29 only ( this is for Advance payment from customer .With this ,we can maintain amount for particular customer but this is for posting only when Billing has done then we will be clear that billing amount thru F-39 only ) .

Let me explain one simple example ,

If we create Sales Order ,Delivery and PGI ,if we dont create Billing then Some gap will be created b/w SD to FI why because how they ( FI guys ) will findout ,how much amount this customer purchased ? .If we dont create Billing then how FI guys will be cleared this amount in FI side ?.Where is the relation b/w FI and SD side .

One more example is ,Just imagine ,we maintained some amount in FI for particular G/L account for particular customer .Now that customer purchased some goods then how FI guys will be reduced this purchased goods cost from already paid amount ? . How they will know this purchased materials cost for reduce purpose ?

Note : FI guys will be done / worked based on Billing Documents from SD side to nullify the amount only .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

A company does regular selling of goods to its customer, throughout the year.

The customer has made a payment (e.g. 100USD) for the purchase of some goods. Because of  changes in the customer's manufacturing schedule, it no longer wants those goods.

Thus customer has paid 100USD and has not received any goods for that (from the company).

In the next order (procurement cycle), the customer wants this 100USD to get "settled".

Thus company creates a sales order, delivery and then delivers the goods (PGI etc.). Now at this stage the delivery should be completed (NO billing document creation needed).

In this scenario VL_COMPLETE is needed / executed for this delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W

Thank you so much  ...if you have any information about this plz share it i am grateful to you

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont mind ,Can you explain what T.W said in his Thread ? Please .I am unable to understand ,whatever he has written story ( T.W ,you can also ) .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If I remember correctly one month before Mozzam has tweeted / posted one query regarding this .If any one by mistake kept Completion rule for Sales Document Types then we wont get complete status even it is completed transaction successfully .So ,in this ,we will use this transaction to complete that kind of open and partially statuses to complete statuses .This is business case .

I think ,this explanation is enough to understand on this .

Thanks,

Naren