cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to OSA-PMS

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys i have a requirement to configure OSA, the scenrio is simple and standard  where the employee will fill his appr form, super will review it and HR will close it.

We are on EHP4 can anyone please let me know how do i proceed configuring the same i have oretty good understanding of steps on portal...but funcationall how to configure the forms is what i need.

One more ques? can we upload appriasal for retro 3 years (just for record keeping) in the system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends any inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

IMG>Personnel Management>Personnel Development>Appraisal systems> Edit form of appraisal

http://saphcmpayroll.blogspot.in/2008_08_01_archive.html

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, scenario is simple. But you need to understand the process flow of the template and logic which are there to calculate the overall ratings for the KPI and appraisal.

Go to OOAM - Create a Categoty and appraisal template. Under that create KPI as criterion group with Free enhancement. Select the respective columns required, roles, status flow to start the appraisal document.

Regards.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends thanks for the help.

I have created a template ...thought its just a basic one.

now i need to see this document on the portal, i have done all the steps to config the WD UI page on the portal, but i cant see the document on the portal?

steps i did.

1. created a basic template and released the template

2. phap_admin ->slected the document and changed it from In Process to In Preparation

I think once the template status changes from In Process -> to something esle

the document must be avaible on the portal for the appraisee?

Is this the right way to create the document for the appraisee? or something esle? kindly help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preparing and Creating an Appraisal Document 

The HR department or HR administrators prepare appraisal documents based on the appraisal template. Only after the appraisal document has been prepared is it forwarded to the manager or employee via workflow so that he or she can define the relevant objectives.

You can edit the appraisal template, for example an objective setting template, using the SAP Graphical User Interface (SAP GUI) or in the browser. This example explains how to create an appraisal document in the browser.

Prerequisites

To create an objective setting agreement, the following prerequisites must be fulfilled:

• Your system administrator or HR administration has created a suitable appraisal template in the appraisal catalog. The appraisal template has the status Released. This means that you can use the template to create an appraisal document.
  • Those participating in the appraisal process, that is the manager and the employee, have been provided with a link via workflow that allows them to access the document in the browser and edit it.

Process Flow

1. Log on to the browser.
  2. Choose the template you require (Performance Feedback) from input help, and choose Create.
  3. Enter the necessary header data for the template in the relevant fields:
  • In the Appraiser and Appraisee fields, select the names of the required particpants from input help.
  • Specify an alternative validity period for the objective setting agreement, if necessary.
  1. Choose End Preparation.
    The Specify Strategic Objectives dialog box is opened automatically if mySAP SEM is integrated.
  2. Select the relevant entries in the dialog box and transfer them.
  3. The objective setting document is created and obtains the status In Planning.

Result

You have created the header data for the performance feedback and thereby prepared the appraisal document for the appraisal process.

Participants in the appraisal process can then enter objectives in the appraisal document.

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

guys i am able to create the document for the employee and it now available too on the portal.

i am getting confused about certain facts can you help me clear my doubts?

1. do i need a Central Person CP to attach to the employee to create a document for him?

cat i create a appraisal document for a pernr?

2. is there a report which we can run and create documents for all the employee at once?

i mean the HR will create document for all

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no report to create documents at once for all. You need to create custom program to create documents.

What you meant by CP?

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CP- > Central Person

Former Member
javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemen thanks for the info, i do have an understanding on what is CP,

but my question is for implementing PMS do we need CP for a pernr?

the scenario on which i am working is as follows:-

HR Will create Appr documents for all the employees

Employees will fill there appr docs

Reporting Officer will REVIEW this doc and ADD his coments

Reviewing Officer will put the final comment and complete the Appr Doc.

My Question is

1. In PHAP_CATALOG, under the Category Group "Personal Appraisals" what typr of category i must create?

i.e, Checklist/360 Appraisal, Objective setting, standard appraisal

2. Then what type of tTemplate must i create ?

i.e Objective Setting  or Performance Feedback

Message was edited by: S J

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to understand business process of the client for appraisal then decide whether to go for 360 degree / Objective Setting.

1. 360 Degree - If the client has appraisal process where team members give their rating for the colleagues, then you need to go for 360 degree.

2 - Objective Setting -  If the client doesn't have the above, then you go for Objective Setting either (Predefined or Flexible).

Srikanth.

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikanth as I have mentioned already the scenario which we have ...

Shall I create category and template both of the type objective settings ?

Can u give me more info on the same ...also can I do the appr process for any pernr? Is it required to attach it to a CP or without it,  it can work?

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the process is simple, you can go for Objective settings in the Category Under Category Group Personnel Appraisal.

You can create the template with Fixed or Free KPI/KRA and set the Status Flow to go to correct person.

You can select Participants at the Category Group as below

1. Appraiser - Person

2. Appraisee - Person

3. Further Participant - Person

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends i need you help at the intermidiate level now

1. I want to show the Header data on the form which employee will fill.

currenlty when i click on PRINT then only on the final pdf i can see header data, nut i want to show this data on the initial template (In Process ) level where the employee will see his data, his appraiser data, joining date etc.

2. On the Overview Page from where the employee clciks and opens his form there is a column called "OFFLINE INFO" - i dnt want to show this option to the client in the demo, any ideas how can i hide it?

3. I have manually created the template and it works fine but i want to add a faeture in it like

a. when employee clcik on the form to start his appraisal he/she clciks on a button "Start Appriasal"

b. wanted to add a button SAVE AND EXIT , i can put a button but dnt know how to initiate EXIT in it . i.e save data and close the page on clcik

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also is there way that i create the Appraisal documents in MASS,

i mean the HR admin wants to create the documents in MSS and this will be ready in employees overview to process ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S J

check the help document

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/42/f8fa4045371a61e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

In the worklist itself, you get create appraisals

1  Manager clicks on MSS tab.

2  Clicks on performance management.

3  Opens an appraisal.

The manager/appraiser can now access his/her employees appraisal

documents via MSS > Talent Management > Performance Management

Per default Business Package for Manager Self Service 1.41 Role delivery

the Predifined Performance Management Process user interface service

will be displayed. The flexible Performance Management Manager access is

part of the hidden role delivery. If the configurable/flexible

manager access shall be used instead, then this can be

realized via Portal Content Administrator.

Please notice: Per default role delivery two services for

Performance Management will be displayed. Both services are named

Appraisal documents. The difference is that one service is for the

Predifined Management Process employee access, the othe rone for the

configurable/flexible Performance Management employee access. The ESS

business package is set up in a way that all services/iviews are in

default role delivery available and customer can choose which one to

leave in (This is different to MSS where there is a standard role

delivery and a hidden iview delivery. There the customer can choose

whether or not to remove existing iviews in standard role delivery or if

the ones which are hidden shall be made visible in the role).

Former Member
Former Member
Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I want to show the Header data on the form which employee will fill. - To change the Header data and show the employee with his Joining date & Appraiser info. Go to you appraisal Template and in the Layout tab create your own z enhancement to show up the details.
  2. Offline info is a new functionality for the employees to down the appraisal form to fill the KPI/KRA's. This functionality you should show to client and it is added advantage.

Reason - Employee who fills appraisal form online, if network goes down or if they are online longtime it may give timeout error,etc.

3. When employee clcik on the form to start his appraisal he/she clciks on a button "Start Appriasal" - This is based on the substatus from the table SM34 -> VC_T77HAP_BASIC. You can maintain the substatus according to your needs.

4. wanted to add a button SAVE AND EXIT , i can put a button but dnt know how to initiate EXIT in it . i.e save data and close the page on clcik - This is based on the status flow tab which you maintain at the Template level. If you want to rename the button name, you can change it status flow tab -> "Status change description"

Srikanth

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to copy the program of t code "PHAP_CREATE" and create a custom program according to the needs of the client or you can use the create appraisal document based on Org Units.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant thanks for the guidance i have asked the basis to do the same, will update you once done.

I have created some Substatus's in my template,

if i select the next target status as a std. STATUS and not my created Z substatus i can see the radio button options and Execute button.

1. but if in my process flow i select a TARGET SUBSTATUS then this "save and exit document", "Execute" options disappers. dnt know why?

2. in the Status flow what ever push buttons in am defining, they are not visible in the run time.

if i select STD push button's with "Highlight Pushbutton" checkbox checked, then still i cant see these buttons.

is there anything to be activated in order to see these on run time?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or can you give guide lines how to enable the OFFLINE functionality?

cause right now i have seen that there is an option to download the form but when i clcik on it ..

its says documnt not downloaded ...

hence i cannot proceed further ...is there any pre config step for this?

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below 2 notes :

• Note 944221 (Troubleshooting if problems occur in forms processing)

• Note 736902 (Adobe Credentials)

The issue is mainly due to the credential which is not installed & registered for Adobe Interactive forms with reference to note 944221 (point 5 in page 5) as program FP_TEST_IA_01 is giving a dump.

Ask the customer to raise an SAP message requesting the credentials for Adobe Interactive forms. After installing the credentials provided by SAP, this particular issue will resolve.

2. if you see the Administrative Bread Crum above on right hand side : it is by default closed.

whne i click it, then it opened the "Adminsitrative Data " Part is there any config that i can by defaut keep it open? This is standard and there is no other option

3. also when i click on "info" link it show org details of the employee ....

i think of i want to show this also in the Header "Administrative Data" i will have to create a Z Enhancement as you suggested, correct? Yes, u need to create a z enhancement in the enhancement Area (AY) and add it over there.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SS,

One more help required.

Once i release the template i use phap_prepare to create the document for the employee (i use the wizard to create the appr document for the employee and in the wizard the the DEFINE OBJECTS  level i select manager and press START and system auto populates the managers ID )

what i assume that this employee document must also be visible to the reporting officer for further action?

(for the manager also i am checking in the same iview which is am using for the employee but cant see anything)

for the manager view shall i check any other iview?

Creating the document using PHAP_PREPARE and using the WIZARD is the correct way of creating document?

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you release the document using PHAP_PREPARE, it would go to employee to set his/her KPI/KRA's and then only it would go to Manager. Have you defined the relationship between Employee and Manager. After release the appraisal document, check in employee id.

You have to create document using PHAP_PREPARE once for all employees. If there is a different requirement from Client, copy the program and customize according to requirement.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS need you help in this:-

1. PUSH BUTTONS QUERY:

In the Status flow what ever push buttons in am defining, they are not visible in the run time. 

if i select STD push button's with "Highlight Pushbutton" checkbox checked, then still i cant see these buttons.  is there anything to be activated in order to see these on run time?

2. When i open the document from the manager view, i am able to see the document but when i clcik on it to open i get error as follows

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Push buttons are nothing but, when you set the outbound status what should happen next.

E.g. If the document is  with Manager for approving KPI. There are 2 options Manager can do

1. Reject KPI which will go back to Employee. (OR)

2. Approve KPI and will go to In Review Status.

This button is not visible and it is just a status change.

Regarding the error, it means the manager is not having the right authorization to view the documents. Check with SAP_ALL for time being and when you have time, you can look for specific roles. Check the below roles.

SAP_HR_HAP_PMG_MANAGER_SR - Manager

SAP_HR_HAP_PMG_EMPLOYEE_SR - Employee

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SS one more question...

The template has a Description in which i use "Web layout",

i want to show some messgaes in BOLD and give some FONT's and COLOR's to it.

I thought if i write HTML tags in it and save it i can see it, but it dint now happend.

can you give me a sample code which i can put in web layout and do some beautification?

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not a technical consultant.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your template and let me know in your experience did you guys write any thing in the DESCRIPTION box.

There is no soruce code written ...is it possibile to write something in WEB LAYOUT mode and work on some BOLD, FONTS etc?

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We didn't make any changes in the layout and we used the standard.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I have created a New Element below a template, in that element i intend the employee to fill his/her objectives. the number of objectives will be dynamic around 5-8 hence in the Free Enhancement i slected ADD NEW ELEMENT. and did the REFERS TO ATTRIBUTE mapping also.

now on the  run time i can see an ADD button but after i clcik on it i can see the first Objective input box and then after every clcik it goes on creating inpyt box.

1. my requirement is to have the first OBJECTIVE INPUT  box by default.

2. need to set mandatory atleast 5 objectives.

please let me know how can i adjust this in the system?

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then is no option in free enhancement to set the input objective as fixed for first KPI. If not you need to go for fixed enhancement.

Srikanth

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS can you help me understand the difference between Free and Fixed enhancement and when to use what?

I would appriciate if you can suggest some steps to proceed with fixed enahancement for my requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SJ

To add fixed enhancements to the

appraisal document. By choosing a fixed enhancement, that is, an implementation based on the BAdI definition RHAP_ENHANCE_FIX, you can specify criteria from the requirements of an appraisee’s position be added as objectives to the appraisal document. Enhancements are added to the appraisal document dynamically when it is created. That is, the user does not have to perform a dialog in the system. The SAP system determines requirements in the following sequence: - From the position - From the job - From the employee’s tasks The system always takes the next highest value of a qualification that exists within the hierarchy and adds this value to the appraisal document. You can only use fixed enhancements at criteria-group level.

To add free enhancements to the

·

appraisal document. By choosing a free enhancement, that is, an implementation based on the BAdI definition HRHAP_ENHANCE_FREE, you can specify at criteria-group level that additional objectives such as objectives or qualifications be added to the appraisal document, after it has been created, using the Qualifications pushbutton in the Add Element column. If you use a free enhancement, you must also create a reference object. The SAP system transfers the properties of the reference object (criterion) to the added qualifications.

To define if and when a criteria group,

·

and all its subordinate criteria, or a criterion can be deleted from the appraisal process. BAdI HRHAP00_ENHANCE_DEL is available as an example in the SAP standard system.

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikanth thank you bery much for our feedback.. i will try this ...

1. i have a demo in which i have been instructed not to show the Offline Info Column as if now.

We will not give this functionality as if now to the customer, is there any way that i can hide this? 

2. if you see the Administrative Bread Crum above on right hand side : it is by default closed.

whne i click it, then it opened the "Adminsitrative Data " Part is there any config that i can by defaut keep it open?

also when i click on "info" link it show org details of the employee ....

i think of i want to show this also in the Header "Administrative Data" i will have to create a Z Enhancement as you suggested, correct?

Message was edited by: S J