Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretty printer shows weird behavior

sven_fischer2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have the problem that the pretty printer at one of my customers shows the weird behavior that if I use it, all the lines are justified to the left, no indentation at all. I can help myself in a way that I copy the complete source and paste it again, which indents it, but e.g. the method calls are still indented left.

What I have checked:

• Utilities->Settings-Pretty Printer: Indent is selected, Keyword Uppercase
  • In Code Editor->Formatting is also selected all

Where can I also look for PP settings? This happens only, when I am using the Citrix connection from remote (but other users using Citrix do not have the problem). If I login locally at the customers site, everything works normally, so it may be a setting in the logon pad, but where?

Thanks for your ideas, Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is my setting and its working fine. Kindly try to make it like this.. and see again..

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is my setting and its working fine. Kindly try to make it like this.. and see again..

0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

thanks for your advise, but I already stated that I was using these settings already.

I tried by using old FE editor, and there was Pretty Printer working. So it had to do with the new FE editor.

And guess what? If you enable "Format after every Paste" in Formatting options of the new FE editor, the Pretty Printer breaks in my setup (this special Citrix server).

So I will just leave this option switched off, and all is fine.

Thanks, Sven

0 Kudos

Ok.. Good.. Enjoy

0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Shekhar,

I tried the same way and I tried with all the combinations by checking/unchecking INDENT, but it did not work.

Thanks,

Madhav.

0 Kudos

Nice catch!

steffen_brauner
Explorer

I had a similar prob with pretty printer (all lines left-justified, no indent etc.). I renamed the following files

settings.xml

abap_spec.xml

abap_user.xml

I found them in a local directory (c:\...\appdata\roaming\sap\sap gui\abap editor.

After a restart the function works now well.

Maybe this is helpful for others.

Steffen

0 Kudos

grate!!!

you have solved my problem!!!

Luca.

0 Kudos

thank's worked for me

Regards

0 Kudos

I had this issue too, probably caused by SAP GUI update. Deleting old .xml files solved my issue. Thanks.