cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro Arrears Should add to /101 (Total Gross)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My client requirement is to add previous month arrears to the current month gross (/101 Wage Type) for taxation purpose. Please let me know how to achieve this.

Looking forward for responses,

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I am facing a similar scenario.

Can you please share how you resolved this ?

Regards,

Talha Aftab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talah,

First of all you need to modify the Retro PCR's and make sure that the system should separate arrears and show in a separate wage type for all salary components if you do this then /551 and /552 will not work.

Next you need to add all your wage types to a dummy wage type for example.

Previous month arrears add to a dummy wage type and current month gross (/101) add to the same wage type. You use that dummy wage type for your taxation purpose.

I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Many thanks for the response.

I have done the steps you have mentioned, and just wanted to confirm whether writing a PCR was the only way out of this.

Just one question, can I add my arrears to the Gross WT /101 directly instead of creating a dummy WT ? I know it might not be recommended to alter a technical WT, but wanted your input on it.

Regards,

Talha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talha,

I found PCR was the only way to do it because I have written PCR for all taxation so I had no other option left. If you are using payroll function then you can do it via help of an ABAPER.

It is not possible to add arrears wage type to Gross wage type (/101). This is because you will get all your arrears from Retroactive Accounting Schema which is after Gross Calculation Schema even if you try to add those arrears wage type to the gross WT system will not add those arrears wage type to your gross.

What I have done is I have added gross and arrears to a dummy wage type and I have used that dummy wage type for tax calculation.

I have written my pcr something like this.

AMT=E XXXX

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Many thanks for your valuable input.

Regards,

Talha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your welcome.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

how would i do same scenario could you please be more elaborate

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Prasad,

You are telling  'add previous month arrears to the current month gross (/101 Wage Type) for taxation purpose'.For your information Tax calculation is not depends on the amount  in /101, it depend on the  Cumulation Class 24,25,27 of each wage type.

Regards,

M.S.Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

This is for International Payroll, so CC 24, 25 and 27 will not be there.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, will not cumulate the Arr.wage types to the /101(gross salary). If you want cumulate the Arr.wage types into the gross salary. Maintain all your Arr.wage types with CC 01.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

Arrears will automatically add to Gross in previous month, & you want to add the same again to current month, is it your requirement ?

may I know the reason for this requirement (b'coz tax also deducted in previous month),

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedhar,

I have copied the standard pcr's and have customized it according to the clients requirement. They wanted to see the individual wage type amount in the payslip. Currently all arrears wage types are adding with Net Pay directly which client has refused as they wanted to see the arrears adding to gross and come under taxation.

Let me know if there is any other solution for this issue.

Regards,

Prasad

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not just add a column on the Remuneration Statement (PaySlip) to show the retroactive amount?  We have that extra column for Earnings and for Statutory Deductions (Income Tax, EI Premiums, CPP).  There are many threads and documents on the PaySlip.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva ,

Check the rule X006 and add the logic according .

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

What is the logic do I need to use.

Please advise.

Regards,

Prasad

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a WT for that purpose, which will cumulate into /101.

Create a PCR that will read last month's Arrears and transfer the amount into your new WT.

Create a second PCR that will identify last month's Arrears that are deducted in the current pay to have them reduce the value of /101.

Don't forget to tell your client that if an amount stays into table ARRRS for a few pays, it's amount will end up cumulating many times into the current pay's /101.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

Can you please elaborate the steps you have mentioned above? I am not sure what kind of operations do I need to use while reading last month arrears.

Please advise.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I am still waiting for your valuable inputs on this issue. Please explain in detail about what you have mentioned in your previous response.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Regards,

Prasad

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your requirement is for the PayStub (or Remuneration Statement), your solution should be to create a special Cumulation ID to cumulate /101 from RT and xxxx from ARRRS.

Changing the value of a technical WT in the payroll results's RT table through a PCR should not be done without looking at all impacts of that change.

You may also want to consider using a different column to show the values of /101 from retro and for current pay.

In this example, CT1 is for retroactive amount, CT2 is for current amount, and CT3 is for cumulative amount.