cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when assigning SID: Action VAL_SID_CONVERT, InfoObject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having an error while activating a data inside a DSO DataStore Object. Below is the error.

Error when assigning SID: Action VAL_SID_CONVERT, InfoObject 0SHIP_TO.

I checked in the DTP and the requests are all green. Only the Activation Part Fails.

I found a similar issue here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1991265

I already reloaded all the Masterdata to BW.

And also checked 0CUSTOMER by running report RSDMD_CHECKPRG_ALL in SE38, but everything is okay.

Do you have any other idea where can I check the cause of the error? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I think I know now why I cannot see the "Marketing" value in the PSA.

The DataSource contains 90 fields, and the last field in the list is SHIP_TO.

Which means SHIP_TO is the 90th field.

When you view the PSA data, (in the PSA Maintenance screen) you can only see up to Field #87..

the last 3 fields (88, 89, 90) are no longer visible.

Is there a way to make the PSA Maintenance screen bigger? Show more Fields?

I tried filtering SHIP_TO = *Marketing* , but when I click Check/Continue button, nothing happens, it doesn't continue to the PSA Maintenance Screen, it goes back to List of PSA Requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I have already mentioned on the 0SHIP_TO data earlier.

On the the other topic, in the PSA maintenance, there is a ICON - change Layout. If you click on the icon, then you can get the fields list where you can choose the required ones to display in the list.

Once this is done then you can edit your data.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali, yes I found your earlier answer that gave me the idea to check the data mapping of 0SHIP_TO.

We managed to solve the issue yesterday. Since I cannot use SHIP_TO to filter the data in the PSA, I went to the source system.

1. I checked the Transformation where SHIP_TO data is being extracted from the DataSource 2LIS_02_ACC.

2. Then I went to LBWE to see which R3 table 2LIS_02_ACC is getting data from and the Field Name where SHIP_TO data is extracted from.

3. I went to SE16 and entered the source Table Name. Then I used "Marketing" as selection filter in the SHIP_TO field, 1 result came up. From there, I copied the "Document Number" of the record which contains the "Marketing" value.

4. I went back to PSA, and filtered the data using the "Document Number" that I got from the source R3 Table.

5. Then I opened the Data in the PSA, and then I was able to manually change the SHIP_TO data to uppercase letters.

6. Then I reloaded the PSA data to the target DSO and activated successfully.

Now I know how to adjust the PSA Layout so I wont need to do these steps next time this happens.  Thanks Martin Grob!

From MARTIN GROB:

When you are in PSA looking at the data go Settings -> Layout -> Change and remove columns you dont need and add ship_to.

Thank you everyone for the help.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should solve the thread then so people find the solution faster

Martin

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Happy to hear, its sloved . If you mark the thread as answered it will be more useful who came acorss this same of kind of situation.

Thanks.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member183290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Try this way also, if you are not able to find the values through PSA.

1) Go to New table of ODS.

2) Execute

3) If you have 0CUSTOMER column, try to sort it in Descending order or filter with 'Marketing'.

4) See, if you have got any lowercase.

5) Select the record and go to Display.

6) Switch to debugging mode by giving '/h' in tcode box and again Enter.

7) Find the value through Debugging and edit it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You need to find out a record for which activation is failed. You can put a filter in below PSA data and see what is a wrong character coming in the data.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

User transaction RSKC and update it with ALL_CAPITAL and save this. Normally this will convert the data from lower case to the upper case.

Or on the other side, you can edit at the PSA level and then load the data to DSO once again which will go fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali, thanks, I would like to do the edit at PSA approach.

My problem is, when I go to PSA Maintenance screen, the fields being displayed are limited.

It is only showing data up to the 87th column (87th field). The SHIP_TO field which I am having an issue with is the 90th field, the 90th column. Is there a way to enlarge the PSA Maintenance Screen? To make the rest of the fields visible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are displaying the data, increase the number of records and then hit the results to see the ouput of the PSA data.

Once the full data is visible, then you can change the layout appropriately in order to be able to edit the 0SHIP_TO data.

Note: If the data is still present in DSO, then you will not be able to edit the PSA content. So first delete the required which has an issue in DSO and then edit the PSA data.

former_member183290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

As you are facing issues at activation step, please go to the new table of the respective ODS and check for the entries that has lower case letters. Edit the entries and then reactivate the request.

As a permanent solution, you can reach out to respective ECC side guys and ask them to recorrect the entries.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sorry, I'm a bit confused, I tried looking for the "Marketing" value inside the PSA that is loading to the "Target DSO" (the DSO that has a failed record activation.)

But I cannot find a 0CUSTOMER field inside the PSA.

Is the Problem with the 0CUSTOMER Masterdata itself?

Do I need to check the PSA going to 0CUSTOMER Masterdata?

Thank you.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You DSO  0customer may mapped a field from source. so go to data source - dso transformations, screen, check the respective field which was mapped to 0customer of dso. once you know the source field, thru that you can check the marketing value at psa. edit and save. run dtp and try to active dso request.

Thanks

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In PSA you need to go by the field name that is mapped to 0customer so most likely it's KUNNR.

If you go to manage PSA and select show erroneous records you should get the marketing entry right away

hope it helps

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check it against to 0SHIP_TO object in DSO.

As 0SHIP_TO is a referencing object of 0CUSTOMER, you might have got confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thanks but that is the problem, there is no error in the PSA. All records are green because the Error only occurs during Data Activation inside the ODS. All data in PSA are Green. It only becomes Red during Activation step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RK, I understand now, I found now the correct field name.

My problem is I cannot view the data inside the PSA.

The PSA Maintenance screen only allows me to view up to the 87th column.

When I check the Transformation, the SHIP_TO field is the 90th field, so it is the 90th column inside the PSA table.

Is there a way to hide the other columns/fields in the PSA so I can show the last column (SHIP_TO field)?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

While displaying psa it self, which ever fields you don't need , you can hide, select columns and right click, use hide. you will get other extra columns as visible.

If your psa is displaying in ALV Grid list. my above option will work.

if your in List display, then you need to change psa out put display to ALV grid display.

From Menu Settings----> User Parameters--> choose ALV grid(Data browser tab).

Now you can hide which columns are unwanted as said above.

Thanks

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are in PSA looking at the data go Settings -> Layout -> Change and remove columns you dont need and add ship_to.

Filtering is usually difficult in PSA you need to match exactly.

hope it helps

Martin

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The loading would go green but when tha actual activation happens, system cannot intepret the data and such an error comes up.

Here its clear that the culprit is 'Marketing'(small letters).

But as a best practise,just type your hexdecimal value '4D61726B6574696E67' in the below link:

http://string-functions.com/hex-string.aspx

(You can see that the hexadecimal has been converted to string 'Marketing')

Now we need to see how the issue can be solved permanently.We have a couple of  solution out here:

1) You can change the property of the infoobject 0customer to 'allow lower case'. This might not be a good solution as far as performance is considered. Since you are trying to change the property of an object which is have data, it might cause some other issues aswell(related to SID's and so on).

2) Can try for field level routine or a BW formula(String functions) to convert to upper case during transformation.

3) If this data is coming from source through BODS, you can use 'To Upper' function in BODS itself.

4) If limited record is coming from a source with small characters, yoy can request the source team to correct it over there itself.

Br

Prabhith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

It seems to be failed because of lower case letters. You can change it to upper case in PSA(as told above) for the time being. You can do this if the number of records containing this value in PSA is less. For safe side prepare one conversion routine to make character values to upper case and put it in Data source(but in most support scenarios it is not a simple process to add this routine to Data source at the time it failed because of restricted access of modification in production environment).

If you found it difficult to search for lower case letters in PSA then you can follow the below methods just for a temporary solution:

1. You can change(if changing dtp properties are allowed in prod) the Error handling process of DTP to "Update valid records, reporting possible" and can get the list of small case values in the error stack and modify them.

2. If changing to DTP is not allowed in prod then - Download the PSA content in ms excel, set auto filter in the required columns(of excel) then from the drop down you can find any small case letters present. You can list down the values and put them in PSA filter and change them to upper case(this is a hectic process but if no option available and you have to load the values then this can be a life saver).

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Its Lower cas issue. 0CUSTOMER have the value "Marketing". which is in lower case. If possible at 0customer info object maintenance screen, there is option Lower case option on general tab, select and delete the request at target level and reload from PSA.

if edit of infoobject not possible, then delete request from target.Go to respective psa, keep filter on 0customer and  find Marketing. select that record and edit, change Marketing to  MARKETING.save.

retrigger your DTP. it will succeed.

Thanks

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would refrain from making customer lower case as your performance goes down and searching for a customer will be case sensitive.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes martin, i gave another hint also, edit at psa and reload to target.

if this kind of issues reoccured then check box option or routine will be mandatory to convert upper case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK and Martin, I cannot find the "Marketing" value.

I checked inside 0CUSTOMER (via Maintain Masterdata)

all of the MARKETING values inside 0CUSTOMER are in Upper Case.

There are no "Marketing" values with lower case letters.

So I went back to the Target DSO that encountered the "activation error".

I checked the PSA that is loading to the DSO, but the records inside the PSA doesn't have any 0CUSTOMER field.

I also checked the Customers in the R3 Source system and there is no "Marketing" value for Customer, all Marketing values in R3 are Uppercase (MARKETING).

Thank you.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The value "Marketing" is not a valid customer number thats why it's not working. Check you psa for that entry and then try to reload and reactivate the DSO.

that should solve it

Martin