Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Data transfer error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to import iDoc XML files in a folder, I get the error message:

"Directory Z2_MDG_PATH is not valid".

I configure this path in tcode FILE. But,

1. in step 6, I can't see the path in AL11 or see its contents as mentioned in the below documentation

2. in step 7, I cannot use it within the UI to see the directory contents.

has anyone else faced this issue?

I followed the following steps.......

To be able to import IDoc-XML files the following set up activities need to be carried out:

1. Use transaction IDX1 to create two ports in the IDoc adapter, one for sending and the other for receiving. Enter the port, client, description, and RFC destination for each port. Both ports should have the RFC destination of the MDG hub. Check that the port names match the names in your IDoc-XML file for the SNDPOR and RCVPOR, see table above for details.
  2. In transaction WE21 enter the receiver XML port using the same name as in step 1 above. Enter the port name under the folder XML File, and enter a description and a physical directory. In the function module field enter EDI_PATH_CREATE_CLIENT_DOCNUM. On the Outbound:Trigger tab, in the RFC destination field, enter LOCAL_EXEC.
  3. In transaction BD54 enter the sender and receiver partner numbers as logical system names.
  4. In transaction FILE create the logical file path name. Enter a Logical File and a Name. In the Physical File field enter <PARAM_1>. In the data format field enter BIN. In the Application Area field enter CA. In the Logical Path field enter the logical file path.
  5. Open the Configuration activity  General Settings  Data Transfer  Define File Source and Archive Directories for Data Transfer  and assign your new logical file path name as a directory for data transfer.
  6. In transaction AL11 make sure that the IDoc-XML files are stored under the logical path and that there are no other files stored in that directory. Double-click on the path to view the existing IDoc-XML file. You can use transaction CG3Z to copy a local IDoc-XML file to the path.
  7. To test the data import, open the Data Import service from the Material Governance work center in the SAP NetWeaver Portal or SAP NetWeaver Business Client. For more information, see Data Import.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rogers

Please specify the directory and file path with same name i.e.Z2_MDG_PATH,this will resolve issue.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shankar,

Worked perfectly.

Just to re-iterate, keep the variable name the same for both config entries "Logical File Path Definition"

and "Logical File Name Definition, Cross-Client".

regards,

R

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem and I'm trying to follow the instructions, but I'm missing something .

Please, could you bring a configuration guide with snapshots? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jordi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. Have followed the Instructions till step 5 but I am unable to find the path in the AL11 transaction. Somewhere I am Missing.

Please guide me with the snapshots. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Divya,

In the transaction FILE, please check the Physical path maintained whether it exists and right one.

Answers (0)