cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ITS Screen Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am facing issue regarding way to change the screen format during display.

There are few points i would like to add before some suggestion is posted.

1. Template generated for LMOB(package) for all the screen, instead of LM00(889 ; reason = always getting message user is already logged in )

so there is no way i can save the screen format before displaying in the mobile device. So decided to call the transaction LM01,... etc directly by creating different ITS service.

2. Implemented all the input which is currently present in forum, Read all the notes which only suggest.

~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITSpx
~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR6

~DYNPRO_COMPRESSION 1

using the above fields we get some help but not complete. Still some screen does not fit the browser ( coming out of the screen and also without any scrollbar another big issue)

4. Used ITSGENMOBILE4 Mobile Devices (Without HTML Tables).

My question is how to assign and change screen format for any ITS service i created (template can be generated from standard or custom screen). currently only 8X40 is coming by default.
Lot of things are mentioned about different service parameter.... create a customzed .css , use FUNCTIONS in ITSMOBILE but i still not able to find a single page which explain how and what to change in this. can anyone also help in this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Have you reviewed the following WIKI:

ITSMobile Visual Editor http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/-QRPF

Does it offer a solution for you here?

Regards,

Oisín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Thanks for the input, can you please also throw some light, on how to change the screen format of the screen during the display in the device, currently it is coming as 8X40, when i change it in lrfmd to 16X20 it is throwing error.

Can you please help, how to change the format if i change the format to 16X20 i think the problem of visible screen element is solved.

Thanks

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

You say:

"when i change it in lrfmd to 16X20 it is throwing error."

How exactly are you doing this?

The screen dynpro layout would be done via the ABAP Workbench. In transaction: SE80 one can see the screens for a program.

(Can also see screens available via SE51)

Based on the screen selected - one can generate the corresponding ITSMobile template for that screen.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I generated the mobile Template using (Used ITSGENMOBILE4 Mobile Devices (Without HTML Tables)

).. I used all the standard screen from the transaction LM00. I created my own internet service. My ITS service is working fine. Now the problem is when it is displayed in the I.E or mobile device i see it is coming as default format 8X40(Set in LRFMD for my user id).. Now when in change it to 16X20 it is coming into error. I think whenever i set 16X20 in LRFMD my service does not work.

I wanted to know if i generate template and create a service, how can i change the format of those template in mobile device or I.E(desktop) to 8X40 or 16X20 or 16X20ITS etc... do we have to do anything specific other than changing the format in LRFMD.

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

There are many SDN posts on this topic but i could not find the actual solution to this issue.Kindly refer http://scn.sap.com/thread/1011003

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The screen would have to be defined as  8X40 or 16X20 before you generate the template for the ITSMobile Service.

What is your BASIS and Kernel details?

Can you attach a screenshot of the "screens" folder (when it is expanded) of the program that the transaction LM00 is calling?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I have generated the template using the standard FG - SAPLLMOB, normaly from RF device LM00 is called and there you can set up the screen format suited for your RF device, now since the same screen is to be used for ITS mobile application. Please assume i have generated the Template for all the screen present in FG - SAPLLMOB.

1. LM00 cannot be called from ITS mobile(everytime user calls service configured for LM00 transaction he gets error he is already logged in - this is a big issue with LM00)

2. I configured LM01 transaction because of the reason as mentioned in point1. Now since LM00 is not called i cannot select which format to show in my ITS mobile.

How can i select the format 16X20 or 8X40. Kindly help as this is one of the issue with ITS mobile which i was not able to find any clear solution.

I am using on ECC 6.0.

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Does the following note help regarding the session issue you experience.

See note 1169875 ITSmobile, logon, system-wide deletion of sessions

If you have already have the code correction i.e the required support pack; you will still needto derive a logon class from CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN and the class variable m_delete_session_systemwide = abap_true in theconstructor.  You can use CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN_TEST as a test, where the m_delete_session_systemwide = abap_true has already been set.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I did the same by using the default class (s   CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN_TEST) and triggered one of the standard LM00 ITS service, i got the initial format screen but when i push the save button it generated the error.

Please advice if there is any alternative without using the initial screen of LM00 to select the format(8X40 or 16X20 done mainly for RF device) for ITS service... if we can code somewhere for all the customized template and define a fixed format for those template. This will be really helpful to solve problem. Setting done through LRFMD does not help(currently for all the template the default setting is 8X40 if we change this to any other ex: 16X20,16X20 ITS template generates error)

Thanking you in advance for you valuable input.

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

OK switch back to the CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN.

Re the initial screen

More of a query for the LE-MOB area who are responsible for this transaction LM00.

I know the reason the initial screen of LM00 allows one to select the format 8X40 or 16X20 is so that the correct screens are used.

Use transaction SPRO and then F5.

Select LES > Mobile Data Entry> Define Screen Management.

the number range for the screens number are:

0XXX - is reserved for system wide screens (8x40).

1XXX - is reserved for system Dummy screens.

2xxx - is reserved for system Narrow screens (16x20).

3xxx-9xxx - can be used for user exit screens.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Thanks a lot for insight.

I will work on this.

Kindly advice, when i create a customized .css for my entries and attach it to service i get a large screen in the browser and on changing any parameter in .css file i am not able to see any effect.

Do having customized .css file have any effect in template generated by using

ITSGENMOBILE4 Mobile Devices (Without HTML Tables).

Thanks .

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

YES it does.

You do use the parameter ~ITSMOBILECSSINCLUDE so that your custom CSS file is being used?

It is recommended to copy the standard "mobile.css" file in the service 'itsmobile' and modify it.

Perhap's this is the reason your customized .css file is creating this effect?

See also the ITSMobile WIKI: Service Parameter and Settings

Regards,

Oisin

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/POk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Can you help how to use 16X20ITS format for the same screen.

Shall i put the 2XXX screen number for 16X20ITS format in the SPRO path you mentioned(same data as we have for 16X20 only thing will change is 16X20ITS). Will this work as i checked even after using 16X20 format some buttons are not visible in the device. Using Omnii XT10 psion.

Kindly help

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

They copied screen should start with 3

Copy screen 20XX from program XYZ to screen 32XX.

The screen also needs a variant.

By doing so, if you log your user with Variant 01, custom screen 32XX

will be called rather than the  20XX.

Probably best to discuss any further changes in the LE-MOB forum

They would have better expertise in this area.

ERP SCM Logistics Forum -> http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=276

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Found something interesting for 16X20ITS

Sap Note - 1239937.

Kindly confirm if this might be a solution.

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes this LE-MOB Note could indeed be relevant here1239937 ITS screen format (revised version)

What is the BASIS Support pack and Kernel you are using?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

For SAP_APPL we currently have SAPKH60506 for release 605.

I assume i just have to trigger the report in correction instruction-757967 ?

I See all the screen numbers are already present in LMOB.

Regards

Kumar Shantau