Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting on SAP ECC R/3 Cluster tables in BO- Webi/IDT

rakeshkumar_bhure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We need to build Webi reports on top of Transparent tables and Cluster tables of SAP ECC. Transparent tables and cluster tables are not visible in IDT.

If anyone worked on similar requirement, please share how we can access Transparent and cluster tables in Webi/IDT.

We know there is one process in SAP ECC to make available cluster table for crystal report. But this is not making cluster table available in IDT.

Is there any similar process to make Transparent and cluster table available in IDT.

We are using BO 4.x.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

tables out of the ABAP dictionary or a data cluster are not available for the Universe. You either need to create an ABAP function or an InfoSet on top of the data.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response Ingo. We are creating Function Module in Abap that we will fetch in IDT .
1) require is to pass some value in paramater by user. ABAPer has already changed those "import parater" as an optional . But still in IDT is it capturing as mantatory import parameter.

I created new DF and BL and tested still it is mandatory.

BR

PArul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never understand this limitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this limitation is removed in 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

Can you please brief the steps how you have proceed from ECC To WEBI or dashboards.

Regards,

Rohan Ghadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

U can't connect directly from WEbI . U need to create Universe using IDT there you can connect any of ERP system

1) ECC

2) APO

3) other ERP systems

Steps

1) Connection : choose respective driver and test the connectivity

2) prepare data foundation

3) Prepare Business Layer

and use normal process to create WEBI Doc

Regards

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Parul,

Thanks for your reply. Please correct me if i was wrong.

I just wanted know if data is coming from many of the tables at R3 level then first of all we need to create function module or infoset query at R3 level then we can use the same for fetching the data. Then we need to create the connection and further steps.

what about the performance how should we take care for the same? is there any ways so that we can call limited data only as we perform for BI Backend by setting the prompts and all.

For connection of crystal reports with direct ECC what kind of setting needs to create?

Regards,

Rohan Ghadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

1) For ECC avoid using multiple tables , joining, perform this joinining in Funcitonal Module it self . Create a final table as an output in Funcitonal module and use this table  in Data foundation layer.

2) Cascading table from R3 won't work

3) Performace wise it is ok

4) Provide you real time data

there are some security concerns for sure and major concern is as below:

1) Every time when you referesh or run for various value . It is going to call RFC again ang again.

It means 5% load on R3 system and some CPU utilization also.  Where as this is optimum.No issues with this.

Crystal reports: I am sure that there is direct option avaiable to connect to R3 system. Rest need to explore . I did long back 

Regards

Parul

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan -

On this:

For connection of crystal reports with direct ECC what kind of setting needs to create?

Regards,

Rohan Ghadi

Please search SCN, per the SCN rules of engagement, as this has been covered several times before - if you still have questions please create a new discussion thread.

Thank you,

Tammy

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parul, I created an infoset in ECC and I am able to extract data from it in my IDT.

I created a function module(normal function module) in ECC  and I am just returning a set of rows in the function module.  But I am unable to find the function module in my relational connection to ECC system. IDT --> Relational connection ---> Test connection is successful --> In IDT we  have

* Function module

* Infoset

* Local

In the function module I am unable to find my  function module. I have created function module in a function group and I have not stored them   in $TMP package. Am I missing something?

Thanks.  

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this thread may be of use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it remote enabled?

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is a normal function module.  Should I make it RFC  enabled?

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor, once I made in RFC  enabled  I am able to see my FM in my relational connection.

Thanks you so much...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to using info sets, you can write ABAP function module and create a relational universe to read these function modules directly from BI4 SP6 and higher versions.

If you are not in SP6 yet but in SP3 and higher, you can still use SAP queries within ECC as source for relational universes.

Hope this helps.

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

i do have similar query . i am trying to connect R3 Funciton Module in IDT (Bi 4.6.3). Sucessfully created Data foundation layer and Business layer .  i have specified the values in import method (input coulmn) but data is only coming for the fields which has be included in method table .

In R3 this table fetch entire data

in IDT

How  do i link these above tables (I_PARID_T, I_DATUM_T, O_REBATE_T). While inserting
join getting below error

Objective is to fectch data from R3 Function Module which is fetch data from R3 T-code.

Any suggestion

Thanks

Parul

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parul - my take: it would be better to do a join with the function modules inside SAP and not in the IDT.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your best option is to create an ECC Infoset and then create an universe in IDT against that ECC InfoSet

Right now you cannot create a universe against a transparent/cluster table.

See

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks tammy,

thanks for sharing "Steps to Creating a Universe against SAP ECC (BI4 Feature Pack 3) Part 1 and 2 "

I have already did this much in BL.

Challege is

Scenario:

R3 t-code is fetching data based on selection made by user for

ADDMAT

CDES

WIP

Objective

=======

I need to take data from all these souces of ECC and perform some calculation on top of it to achieve results.

1) is it possible if i can provide a parameter in Data fountation layer(IDT) (for htese import parameteres) so that bo user can put selection from reporting layer.

as of now i need to madatorary specifiy import paramere value in Data foundation layer.

Any use case has been published by sap if yes please share.

Thanks

Parul

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parul - I think you will need to work with an ABAP developer to get the data sources you need ina  function module so you can create a universe in the IDT.

The other alternative is to look at the data sources and try to build an infoset in ECC and then use that with the IDT.

Without knowing the specific requirements, I am not sure I can help much more.  I recommend working with your ABAP developer to create a function module that brings in the data sources you need and he/she can set that up to pass the parameters needed.