cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when clearing Partial Payment using F-32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Customer balance Rs.10000 document dated 01.12.2012, for which I have done the partial payment Rs.2000 on 11.08.2013 in the tcode F-28.

When executed FBL5N, system shows both items as Open. Then I have cleared the customer items through Tcode F-32.

Now, when I executed the open items in FBL5N, system shows the remaining amount Rs 800, but the document date shows 11.08.2013.

But it has to be the original document date 01.12.2012, right?

I am a Logistics consultant, dint have any idea about this. Kindly help.

Regards,

Vijay N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You have cleared partial payment with invoice and made balance amount as residual while clearing. This is the reason balance is showing on payment date.

You should only clear once you receive the full payment.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Prasad for your reply,

Is there any way, by which system can clear the partial payment (in F-32) and shows the remaining amount as on Original document date (01.12.2012 as per the above example) in FBL5N?

Regards,

Vijay N

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

While clearing with residual item, system will allow you to change the document date and baseline date. I think it is better to change manually.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Prasad.

In general practice, it is stated that clearing would be done once we receive the full payment, is it so? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Vijay N

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes, If you know that you will get remaining amount while booking payment, you need to book as a partial payment or else you need book payment as a residual payment. In this case you will have the correct payment date. Even after booking partial payment and not getting the payment will  go to dispute management.

Normally due date will be calculated based on the baseline date. So, while clearing residual item you will have the option to change baseline date manually. If you want to update baseline date automatically from invoice date, please make setting in OBA3(config) - tick payment term from invoice. Then when ever create residual item the baseline date will be updated from the invoice.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214973
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Part payment of of document processing.

By using partial payment : If payment document post as partial document, all documents remain as open document. i.e system not clear any document.

By Residual Item : If payment document post as residual item, system will clear the original document and create new document with reference to the original document. For residual item,  tolerance group manage term of payment of residual item, cash discount and dunning key.

Regards

Nakul

sampat_kumkar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Clearing date were 11.08.2013 so it posted that date in F-32

sampat