Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using POST method in REST mashup webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Hope You all are doing well!!

I am working on some requirement where I have to create instances of object into the other system from COD.

The system support Rest webservice so I have created a new Rest service using  "HTTP" method : POST

Service Protocol: JSON.

Here the Content type have two option 'Form' and 'XML Body' but the Rest API I am using, provide only JSON as its communication format,

and I have JSON Request.

My question are...

1. Can I use JSON code into the field  'Body' when content type selected 'XML Body'

2. If not then how to send JSON request.

3. "Generate Body Parameters" button used for extract the parameter from code, if I am using below JSON fromat (for example) then what are the parameter will be generated (I tried to generate parameter with below code and some other code, but nothing has generated)

{

"employees": [

{ "firstName":"John" , "lastName":"Doe" },

{ "firstName":"Anna" , "lastName":"Smith" },

{ "firstName":"Peter" , "lastName":"Jones" }

]

}

or

<Employee>

<firstname>Sunil</firstname>

<firstname>Kumar</firstname>

<firstname>Maurya</firstname>

</Employee>

4. Here we can only select two HTTP method Get or Post, then how to update or delete there is no PUT and Delete method available.

will POST method work also for update?

Please help me to get these answers,  this will be a great help !!!

Regards:

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasSchneider
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

as of version 1311, we will enhance the Rest web service integration and offer a lot of new functions. Please check the documentation as soon as is available (in November).

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is good news!!

Thank you Thomas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I'm also facing the same issue to post the request using the REST service did you get any solution to your problem or any help document.

And also by using the GET method we will get the response in the JSON string format and its very difficult to parse the string did you have any idea or approach to parse this string.

Kindly help me in this issue.

Regards,

Siraj.

sunil1101
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

You can parse JSON response in ABSL

Regards

Sunil