Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG 6.1 BP hierarchies upload

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all:

We need to upload several thousand customer hierarchy records from a CSV file to MDG-C 6.1.

I am currently wondering what the best approach is:

- All corresponding BPs/customers are already existing in the system. Do we now need to load the BPs/customers again which are the "node" BPs/customers and then do the corresponding upper node assignment- as well as end node assignment loads or is it sufficient to just do BPs/customers assignment loads since as I said all BPs/customers are already existing in the system (including those which are upper level nodes in the hierarchy) ?

- How does the integration of BP hierarchy (tables BUT_HIER_TREE, BUT_HIER_TREE_D, BUT_HIER_NODE, BUT_HIER_NODE_D, BUT_HIER_STRUCT, BUT_HIER_NODE_BP) vs. customer hierarchy (table KNVH) work in MDG ? Do we first need to upload the BP hierarchy since BP is always the leading object and MDG CVI will automatically create the corresponding customer hierarchy in the background ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Selho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I would like to share with you what we have found out during our BP hierarchies loads so far:

Using File Upload/Download choosing entity type Business Partner ID/hierarchy we were able to upload parent/child relations from a CSV file for existing Business Partner records and in this way building-up a MDG hierarchy structure. This hierarchy structure can be maintained via MDG menu "Hierarchy Processing". Please note that we did not create any particular hierarchy "nodes" for this purpose nor did we try to load any node linkings/relations.

I am still looking forward for any answers/hints/experiences regarding my original two questions. E.g. during our BP hierarchy loads we saw that none of the typical R/3 tables is getting populated by MDG: BP: BUT_HIER_TREE, BUT_HIER_TREE_D, BUT_HIER_NODE, BUT_HIER_NODE_D, BUT_HIER_STRUCT, BUT_HIER_NODE_BP); R/3 Customer: KNVH. So, I am still wondering what the integration between MDG and those "standard" hierarchy tables is since normally I would expect that with MDG the data maintenance of those "standard" tables is possible for various reasons (e.g. other reporting applications depending on data in the standard tables.

Hope this helped so far if yes please award points correspondingly.

Regards,

Selho

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all:

A colleague of mine meanwhile told me that the BP hierarchies created in MDG are not automatically populating the above mentioned standard R/3 BP and Customer hierarchy tables. Not even if one is uploading hierarchy links with File Download/Upload to a CR which is then approved. If you need to achieve mentioned standard R/3 BP and Customer hierarchy tables population obviously you would need to explicitly replicate the MDG hierarchies to R/3.

Hope this helped so far if yes please award points correspondingly.

Regards,

Selho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selho,

How did you explicitly replicate the MDG hierarchies to R/3 ?

I am facing the same issue that the business partner hierarchies that I have created using "hierarchy processing" on MDG UI cannot be found in any SAP ECC tables.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

the BP hierarchy is not replicated from MDG to ECC. It's considered as an analytical hierarchy that might be used within BW only.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question. If I want to use file upload for hierarchy upload, then in what format shall I make a csv file containing parent/child relations for existing Business Partner records and in this way building-up a MDG hierarchy structure. Can you provide a sample file for file upload of hierarchy?

When I used file download (selected entity type as BP Hierarchy) to download an existing hierarchy , then I got only hierarchy name. I do not get the parent child linkage data among business partner IDs in this file. Please see below screen and suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Swati

former_member591879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Swati,

I finally found the download/upload files again I must have used to create/load the simple 2 level MDG hierarchy. Please see corresponding screenshots below which I pasted in as pictures in my reply. I hope you can read them (you might need to enlarge them with another application). If not I can send them to you as well by e-mail on request. This should help you or at least give you an idea how the load files should look like.

Regards,

Michael

Message was edited by: Michael Theis Please keep the SCN Rules of Engament (see http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18590) in mind when posting!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks much for your response.

I am able to understand the hierarchy and the file downloaded. I am trying to do the same thing but not sure about what options to select while in file download.

While downloading you have selected Entity Type has BP_HEADER. But do not find this entity type. Please see below screenshots for all the values in the drop down Entity Type which I can find:

In case I select BPartner Hierarchy then in the selection screen I get below screen. Here there is no option to select Business Partner IDs.

I have posted the same question in a new thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3731388

Please reply in this new thread so that I can reward points.

Thanks,

Swati