cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication - Change log table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a database transaction log table created for every replicated table.

I wanted to know if there is any delta ,then how there will be new enteries in the change log. So after the delta is transferred to HANA , will the transferred enteries be deleted from the log table ?

And if not , then are there ways to purge the change log table ?

Please let me know

Regards,

Sneha Bajaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

using SLT will create for each source table a related logging table.

Each change in an application table will lead to an entry in the logging table but just the method (Insert, Update, Delete) and primary key information.

The data transfer process will replicate the full data record, after  a successul commit from HDB, the entry in the logging tables will be deleted.

You can review the table of a SLT related logging table via SAP t-code SE16 (as for all other tables).

You can the created table name on SLT system (t-code: LTRC - tab page "Table Overview").

In future, we will introduce a new feature that allows to store logging table entries that would allow to repeat ven successuflly replicated data - for example if HDB is not recovered at latest point in time.

Best,

Michael

on behalf of SAP's SLT team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Michael !

If I have a custom table in ECC say ZTABLE , then what will be the name of the logging table.

I wanted to validate whether all the data is being replicated correctly

Also how do I check the impact in ECC (or source system) when the replication occurs.

Regards,

Sneha Bajaj

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sneha,

Did you got answe - I also have requirement to replicate data from SAP ECC tables to Oracle.

Logging table are created and now what is next step - please advice to confirm/test if all entries are replciated to target or not?

any document on this would be helpful.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had the same problem.

As you said, when I found the logging table(), I found that he was empty.

Maybe, the logging table to remain for three days.

Any document on this would be helpful.

thanks

Answers (0)