Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP configuration in portal 7.3

dibyajyoti_nanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The portal server is unable to send email .

I have followed below steps for this .

I am trying to configure SMTP in portal 7.3 SP08

I have maintained below parameter in

SystemAdminstration ---> System configuration ---->Notificatio & Email --->>

Administrative E-Mail Addresses
System: xxx@company.com

I have checked,the port 25 of the smtp server is open

from portal server while i am putting this command

telnet 00.00.00.00 25

pinging correctly but the mail is not triggering 

please help

Tahnks& Regards

Dibyajyoti Nanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyajyoti,

I am facing the same problem as you. I am sure you would have solved it long ago. Could you help me too with the solution.

My reset password application works fine and submits the data successfully and shows the message that the new password will be sent through mail but the mail does not come.

I have done the SMTP and email id configuration properly in portal as well as other configuration are done.

Could you please help urgently.

Regards

Saurabh

dibyajyoti_nanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

please check below details form your network team .

1.check the SMTP host IP

2.Check the mail id from which the mail is going to be triggered and try sending mail from that mail id just to make sure the mail id is working fine .

3.try to ping the SMTP server from your portal server just to make sure your SMTP server is reachable form the Portal server

If all above steps are ok then go to above path as shown in the previous post by Raghvendran.

and try to fill the below details with the details you got from step1 and step 2

Host Of the SMTP server :SMTP host IP

system:mail id

central Administrator:mail id

4. after filling these details just restart the portal server and you will find the mail  is triggering .

Enjoy .......

Thanks & Regards

Dibyajyoti Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyajyoti

Kindly check as server level configuration as below,

Inline image 1

Once this configuration done!!! Ask your basis and networking team to check the portal server is mapped to SMTP server which you have configured and also check in portal ,

System Administration - > UME configuration -> Notification e-mails tab

Thanks

Ragav

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dibyajyoti,

to add to s suggestion you should look at the document KM Subscription Configuration - Best Practices. The second passage "Email Connectivity" explains how to configure well... the email connection. ^^ I think, you missed some steps.

And another thing:

Regards,

Steffi.

dibyajyoti_nanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,Steffi

Thanks for your reply

The scenario is that we have activated standard SAP provided reset password link in the Log on page

and as per the application provided by sap , it should reset the password for the user and should send the email to the email address registered to corresponding user.

but the reset password is working fine but the application is not sending mail .

we have already registered the portal ip in SMTP server .

and verified from the mail team .

Thanks & Regards

Dibyajyoti Nanda

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dibyajyoti,

did you check the document I posted the link to to see if you got all the steps to configure email connection in portal?

Also do other emails from portal work?

And as a third: did you check the logfiles in the NWA to see, if errors are thrown?

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are trying to configure SAP provided reset password link in the Log on page.

Please double check the below settings.

a.      Enter the following in your Web browser:
<http/https>://<AS_Java_hostname>:<AS_Java_HTTP_port>/useradmin

Choose User Management Configuration.

In UME Configuration ->

Choose the Notification E-Mails tab.

Choose the Modify Configuration pushbutton

Please make sure that system parameter is defined as the system uses this e-mail address if the sender or the recipient does not have an e-mail address in his or her user profile

any how you would have defined the SMTP server field.

Please check that the user whose password is being reset has email address maintained in the user profile.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the type of the mail that you are sending or waiting to receive.

Have tried to contact the mail server team and ask them if they have received any email.

Please check the below note that explains both the KM notifications.

1893187 - Knowledge Management (KM) subscription notification emails are not sent by the notificator service

Thanks

Rishi Abrol