cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing buttons to assign targets and activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Manager and HR / Exec 4.0 hubs, there is the All Targets and All Activities listings, which allow you to bring up the detail for a target or activity, and correspondingly assign a target or competency to activity, or activity to a target.  Unfortunately the buttons to make these assignments are missing in the detail panels in both Manager and HR / Exec hub.  I have taken a look in the detail designer in the admin console, and see the writeback form set, and seeing as this is a delivered panel, I haven't changed anything in there.  I ran a trace in the backend and get no authorization errors, so I am confused on why I am not seeing the button.  Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

There are two function modules which return the target and activity data:

/NAKISA/HR_GET_TARGET_ATTR

/NAKISA/HR_GET_ACTIVITY_ATTR

Each returns a number of tables, and most of the tables contain a field named EDITABLE. This field should be populated with 'X' if the object is editable by the logged in user. If it is, the button will automatically show up in the details panel.

Execute those two FMs in the backend to see what is populated in the return dataset. They both invoke a method called GET_EDITABLE_FLAG which uses the following logic:

I'm not an ABAPer. So, I can't tell you exactly how the logic works, but there's probably about 10,000 people on SCN who could.

Also, in the comments it says, "The permission for Edit is configurable from SAP gui...". I'll leave you to find exactly where in SAP gui it is configurable, or another of our esteemed colleagues here can advise.

Good luck!

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spot on once again - Thank you Matthew! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're very welcome, Eric.

Back2sap
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Matthew,

I am facing this same issue. I tried your steps but did not work out for me. The buttons were coming a month back but they have all disappeared suddenly.

Any other pointers would be helpful!

Cheers,

Abhishek

Answers (0)