cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Two days ago I posted a discussion question, and i'm still waiting for a moderator to approve it.  I usually get approved and there was nothing wrong with the discussion question. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your content has cleared moderation. Please understand that that there may be a delay at times but the moderators will review all content as soon as they can. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Pre-moderation on SCN

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

A ticket has been submitted to IT requesting that we be able to turn moderation off for questions and discussions. We are working on this, but don't have a time estimate for completion from IT yet.

In the meantime, I will ask all moderators to please move the discussions and questions out of the queue as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Jeanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies!  🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why my threads always goes for moderation.Is there any min points which are required to skip the moderation process.Pls advise

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Once new members are active and complete a few missions they will be moved out of the pre-moderated group. (Missions consist of actions like rating content, posting blogs or documents, answering questions correctly, etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have signd up to this today as I thought it would help!!  I just want to know how long and how I will know when my post has been allowed and that quesiton to the moderators has to be moderated too???

Giving up in a mo!

kinyanjui_kamau
Participant
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem more than two times now. Usually I re-post in other forums or ask around such that by the time my question has been approved, I have already solved my problem.

This may make people less inclined to use this forum if long delays to approve questions continues, especially when a user needs an answer urgently. Just my thoughts.

Kinyanjui Kamau.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Re-posting does not speed up the moderation process. In fact, it slows it down and creates unnecessary duplication. 

We are now re-evaluating the moderation rules but in the meantime we ask for your patience and understanding.  It is also a holiday period with many moderators away on vacation at the moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again the failure to properly manage and run SCN shows up again. This site used to be mildly useful, now it is slow, painful to use and there are vast amount of pointless "point grabbing" posts to wade thru.

Making this site like Facebook will be the death of scn.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Milne,

did you log your issues or concerns about SCN anywhere on the site, so I can have a look at it? I'm mostly interested in the "now it is slow, painful to use" part of your complain.

Thanks,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try paging thru the list of "spaces". We used to be able to see a large detailed one line list of all the "spaces". Now its very slow as the last comment for is shown. Hard to search when you do not know what is out there.

Also the wait for a moderator to decide your comment is not spam is slowing everything down and the childish points system is an insult to the users.

I have been a computer consultant 25+ years and this site is by far worse then Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and all the others have ever used.

The "new" layout is dreadful. Please revert to SDN so we can stop wasting time.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear about your experience. Seems you missed some of these resources and tips that the community uses to navigate and engage with other members:

• There's a list of all space on the , which is linked from the site footer.
  • Additional ways to navigate and find topic spaces on SCN:

Generally, if you're not sure what you're looking for (e.g. product name), you can just search for related keywords to find related spaces or content.

The new layout isn't so new anymore given it's been almost a year and a half.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason

No good blaming the users. SDN was far better and most people say so, the "scn" is a disaster and has lead to far lower usage of the site. The "awaiting moderation" time delay is another disaster. SCN looks pretty but we need a useful technical resource. SCN is not fit for purpose.