cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Import - Key Domain Skipped

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running into an issue when importing a fully exported project from one environment(Dev) and importing it into our QA environment. Both environments are IS version 4.1.

The import log is telling me below that there is an issue with a binding or rule being locked. However, when checking the rule in the Dev environment, the rule is not locked and is in an approved state. All tables exist within the dev environment and qa environment.

The rules all import fine, but the bindings are removed and the scorecard is obviously not built due to the missing binding relationships. Any help would be great before I recreate all the work that was done in our dev environment.

Thanks,

Tom

Log File Excerpt:

The state of rule Completeness Check does not allow bindings to be applied or imported. Unlock the rule and try again. (UIM-10153)

Failed to import binding of rule Completeness Check on table Table1. Skipping import of this rule binding. (UIM-10143)

Skipping import of all rule bindings for table dbo.Table1. (UIM-10158)

Processing table Table1...

One or more rule bindings did not import correctly.  No rule bindings from the imported file have been applied to Table1. (UIM-10157)

Processing key data domains...

Could not retrieve information for the rule binding Table1 Master.dbo.Table1.UniquenessCheck used in this key data domain. (UIM-10211)

Failed to import binding of key data domain Domain Master. Skipping import of this key data domain. (UIM-10186)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please check the state of the rule in QA environment.

Abhiram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhiram,

Thanks for the response. All rules in my QA environment are approved and were set to auto approve on the import. Please let me know if this option should be turned off or any other thoughts you might have.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Does your QA environment contain any other projects? If so do they contain that same rule that you are having an issue with? It could be that if the rule exists in another project, but within the environment then IS might be having an issue. One solution could be to make that rule instead of being approved into its editing status and retry to import the KDD.

I usually turn off auto-approve just so that I would not have all the rules that I ever created in every single project in IS.

Try to re-import the KDD, but make sure to select the overwrite option. That could help you overcome the issue that you are having.