cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the datasource to extract CRM Activity Notes

0 Kudos

We have SAP CRM 7.0 and BW 7.3 installed in our company.

I am trying to find a data source which maintains CRM Activity Notes. I would like to extract CRM Activity Notes in BW for reporting purpose as our Sales team records lots of important information about customer visit in Activity Notes.

Currently, we are extracting Activity data from  datasource 0CRM_SALES_ACT_1.

Can somebody direct me to right area?

Regards,

Nitin Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try the extractor /CRMBW/OLTP_ACTIVITY

for me its working good.

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is important to remember that it is not possible to extract texts longer than 60 characters as the key into an infoobject in BW 7.3. SAP documentation states that longer character strings are possible in BW 7.4, but I have never worked with it. There are methods using multiple text attributes and concatenation to present longer texts, but again, there are practical limits to this method.

Here is the method I have used with some success for long texts in BW 3.x and then migrated to BW 7.31. We are also looking at CRM notes, and we will need to use this method. Unfortunately CRM notes can have lengths that produce multiple pages of results, and using the BW method documented below would result in a foolish approach.

Ultimately BW is really not appropriate for this sort of reporting. It would be better to design a custom report with notes in CRM Directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin

i would like to suggest if you know field names go to roosfield and give the required fields you want so that you can get easily the data source and activate goto bw replicate and there goto rsosfieldmap and match fields with target infoobjects so with these two tables you can play.

Assign points if it is helpful to you.

former_member182637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

BI is for reporting of key figures, KPI, total amounts, but if you are looking to get deep levels details, such as the content of Notes, you won't find standard extractor for that. You will need to develop those extractors.

Please consider that in that case, BI is not the best practice. You should instead develop a report directly in SAP CRM to report at item level (each activity note).

Regards,

Lyda

0 Kudos

Okay!  Thanks for the information, Lyda.

Regards,

Nitin

Caique
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Here you can find a lot of datasources

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/2f/62485010581614e10000000a445394/content.htm?f...

Let me know if you aren't able to find one that fits for what you need and it will my pleasure to help/guide you in how to create a new datasource.

Regards,

Caíque

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Did you find an answer to extract texts. I have similar issue.

Thanks

Naveen