cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CMS user you have entered already exists.Please enter a new user name

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the following problem trying to reinstall SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP6.

First, I uninstalled BusinessObjects, then I proceed to install it again. I do next next until the SQL Anywhere Database Configuration screen appears. 

There I try to the users accounts, but it displays this message:

The CMS user you have entered already exists.Please enter a new user name

why? It doesnt let me change it.  It already says dba and it is not enabled to change it for another user.

Did I miss something when unistalling BusinessObjects?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I had this error when I installed BusinessObject SP6 on a second server in the same logical network. The installation process found the SQL Anywhere Server Database installed on another server.

To solve this problem I have disabled the broadcasting of the SQL Anywhere server.

I opened the following key in the registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SQLANYs_BOE120SQLAW\Parameters

And I have replaced the network protocol options "-x tcpip(PORT=2638)" with "-x tcpip(PORT=2638;DOBROAD=no;BroadcastListener=NO)"

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have observed the same issue in Windows 2008 R2.. But, in my machine SQLAnywhere is not installed...

Please suggest me how to proceed with SP7 installation.

Thanks,

Vamsi

0 Kudos

Workaround: Copy build to your machine and then start with the installation. Installation will go fine without any problem

Answers (0)