cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicolumn filtering in dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert's,

I am stuck with a problem while designing my dasboard.

I have data in the following format.

Year - Quarter - Customer - Division - KF1 - KF2

2005 - Q1 - SAP - Consulting - 10 - 20

2005 - Q2 - IDE - Food - 20 - 10

2005 - Q2 - SAP - Jets - 12 - 11

2006 - Q2 - RAM - Jets - 11 - 11

What i wish to do, is to create radio box(for selection) to choose any Year, Quarter , Customer & Division

eg if the user chooses 2005 , i want to display 3 line entries

2005 - Q1 - SAP - Consulting - 10 - 20

if the user further selects quarter - Q2 (without disturbing the selection on for year ) the result should be

If the selection from year is removed (still maintaining the selection on quarter Q2 ) the result should show

2006 - Q2 - RAM - Jets - 11 - 11

Simply i need to create a filer for all the fields.

The issue that i am facing with filer component is that - 1 - it returns only one desitnation row , 2 - you can only get Key values in result set

Issue with combo box is i cannot select multiple fields (dimensions) using it .

Please suggets .

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar issue and I am able to use multiple combo boxes and filter rows upon selection. Now I have another requirement. The dashboard user wants to see a total value on the chart too. This means if I select year 2005, for quarter selection there should be an (All) selection that would sum up the values for all the quarters. I have a third level for months in a quarter and if i select a particular quarter, I should be able to select (All) to see the sum of all months in that quarter. Is this possible in the same chart? Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monali,

I have a requirement of multiple combo boxes for filtering rows on 5 columns.

please suggest.

columns name:

business unit

business area

manager name

advisor name

region

For these above column I need to display data on each and ALL on dashboard.

thanks

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zamir

Add one combobox component for each. Set up the Label property to the values of respective columns. Then use Filtered Rows as the Insersion Type.

Use the the Dataset as Source Data. Map the Destination to another location with same number of column as the source data range.

Then use the destination of the previous combobox as source for the next and keep on going.

Refer to the following guides if you need to see how to setup combobox and filtered rows.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_dashD_user_en.pdf

> Setting up interactive elements.

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Runali,

Thanks for the sharing the solution of implementing multicolumn (cascading) filtering. I am looking for multiple selections of the LOVs at all columns (levels). I know component List Builder can be used for multiple selections but it doesn't have filtered rows option. Do you have any solution/workaround to achieve this?

Thanks,

Anurag

vijaymuniraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

That is not possible by using combo box, try using prompt selector as it will aggregates the values at backend.

Thanks

Vijay Muniraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bose,

I have worked on the similar scenario. As you have mentioned in the above query, by using filter component, result will be a single row data and that too it gets only key values. It is the component behavior.

Steps for implementing Multicolumn Filtering in Dashboards

1. Insert 4 combo boxes into the canvas.

2. For 1st combo box, map labels to year column data, map all columns data (including year column) as source and map required number of rows for destination with equal number of columns as in source.

3. For 2nd combo box, map the Quarter column data from the destination of 1st combo box, map the complete destination of 1st combo box as source and map required number of rows for destination with equal number of columns as in source.

4. For 3rd combo box, map the Customer column data from the destination of 2nd combo box, map the complete destination of 2nd combo box as source and map required number of rows for destination with equal number of columns as in source.

5. For 4th combo box, map the Division column data from the destination of 3rd combo box, map the complete destination of 3rd combo box as source and map required number of rows for destination with equal number of columns as in source.

6. This 4th combo box destination will be your required data with all columns which you can use for displaying through charts or spreadsheets.

You can go through the attached image in which you can find how I have arranged data in my spreadsheet for combo boxes source and destination.

In my Dashboard I have filtered Year, Plant, Month & Product Category. But scenario is similar. Keep posting if you find any difficulty in implementing this method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement for dashboard to create multi level filter on each column and there should be an option of selecting each name or ALL

label in particular filter.

There are 5 columns on which i have do filter for each and ALL label option.

please suggest

thanks.

vijaymuniraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bose

This should help ur requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44056

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bose,

Using COMBO BOX for year,quarter,customer and division and map the selected values to different cells. and do the Vlookup() based on the selected cells so that you can get the required output as you mentioned...

Regards,

Subbarao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bose,

we need some Clarifications for suggesting you...

1)Is it a static dashboard or dynamic dashboard

2) which Connection you are using

Regards

Subbu

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One option is to create an 'All' value for all the filtering column. So for 'all' year you will have all the quarters listed under it. So de-selecting year will be achieved by selecting All in the year filter.

Does this help?

Thanks

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Runali

I have added ALL custom row with summary of all the values..but I need the other one as mentioned above

Thx

bose